Body, Paint & Styling Accord needing Seat rail surgery

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by korky, Thursday 7th Mar, 2013.

1. korky Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Having bought the perfect second hand ,2004 2.4 exec (electric seats) ,the weak link is myself ,i find the seat doesnt go back far enough ,i am tall and have previously had a knee operation,any ideas on how to obtain a seat rail ,or seatrail extension or any one capable of manufacturing something suitable , an extra one inch of leg room would do the trick and enable me to keep the best car I've ever owned.
    ps ,i live in middlesbrough and more than happy to pay for any soloutions,

Thanks

Korky

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Guys with fabrication skills can you please assist Korky ? This is the sticking point for this very tall man!:Smile:

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    CJ, can you post a diagram of the seating mechanism please.

I can then see how best to go about this.

Korky, how much extra do you want the seat to go back ?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Guys I have moved this from the blog section as images don't necessarily display well. Korky if we get this fabricated then you could use the blog section to blog about the experience.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No problem I am on it .. we could also so with some donor seat rails from somewhere. Anyone spots any anywhere please let us know.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Korky found this Acura Tsx Seat Bracket at Andys Auto Sport

I will ring them when today and ask them if they have a extend seat rail, the net is filled with same request from tall users in the states so you are not alone.

just need to find a thread where someone done a DIY

7. AndyHowe New Member Getting Started

If you need it I have a spare electric seat, minus the cover, for a small fee. (so it be returned to original if need be)
    Andy Howe North Kent.

8. korky Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for all your help , 2 inches of extra leg room would be gteat .

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Any luck with the diagram CJ ?

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I personally think this will be a nightmare to achieve with all the motor (Three) and all of them won't work to an extended length.

A manual car seat from a SE non leather will be far easier to modify

front seat lower.

11. korky Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A non leather seat isnt a problem , as long as the original can be retro fitted ,I have previously wondered if this in itself would be the answer as maybe the electric motors in my seat restrict the extent of rear travel

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I guess the mounting brackets and the bottom slider rails are one piece. The back one looks welded on the front one looks to form part of the slider rail. If the they were welded onto the slider rail then they could be refabbed to be a few inches further up from where they are at the moment. This would not touch the motorised mechanism just move the whole seat a few inches further back to start off with.