Brochures & Promo Accord Press Kit 2011

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by numpty67, Sunday 9th Mar, 2014.

1. numpty67 Premium Member Club Supporter

Nels, FirstHonda and SpeedyGee like this.
  2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Another excellent resource, many thanks for sharing. :Thumbup:

Interesting to see that they consider the competition to be the VW Passat, Audi A4 and Ford Mondeo (with which I agree) - but no mention of the BMW 3-Series or Mercedes C-Class. However, in the original 2008 press kit they say the competition is 3-series, A4 and Lexus IS.

Was also surprised to see that they quote a retained value at 3 years / 60k at 32% of original value, far lower than most of the motoring press that usually quote 40-42% for the Accord.

Out of interest, I went and looked at a Kia Optima yesterday. It is (I didn't drive it) pretty impressive, and very Accord like - even the electric seat controls are the same design!

I was especially surprised by the interior quality, which felt like (more than) a match for my Accord, and that WAS a real shock for me. A contender for sure if Honda don't replace the Accord, but probably a bit too expensive and with relatively low residuals counting against it.
    Last edited: Sunday 15th Jun, 2014