Guides Accord Saloon Petrol Fuel Filter Change

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by hsyasin, Thursday 30th Oct, 2014.

1. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Hammad Bury St. Edmunds
    Sorry for hijacking the guide Fuel Filter Change (Petrol) • Honda Karma , but just thought to add a few things to this guide for 2.0 petrol saloons.
    For saloons, drop the back seats, and you'll find 2 self tapping screws holding boot carpet, take these off and lift the carpet and then u'll find the access to fuel filter:
    DSC_0410.JPG
    Remove the bolt (red colored circle) using a 10mm socket, then remove the three cross-headed screws (orange colored circle) and then carefully peel off the masking tape thingy (green colored circle) and u'll be able to lift this plate to access the fuel filter. Be careful as this plate cannot be fully removed yet, as its attached to top of fuel filter with a harness, so lift the plate gently and remove the harness connected to the filter. Now u'll see the fuel filter as below:
    DSC_0411.JPG
    Now, there are 2 clips (red colored circle) holding the petrol pipe, just squeeze them inwards, and start pulling the pipe (grabbing from where the green circle is) and wiggling it a bit. And be ready to get a splash of petrol. Actually, what i found out was, if u've around 5-10liters petrol in the tank, u don't get as much petrol coming out, otherwise it just start coming out of the pipe u just disconnected and from the location on filter where u disconnected it from, and i mean quite a bit.
    Now start removing the bolts holding the filter using an 8mm socket. After unscrewing, carefully take out the filter. I suggest to get a bucket to put it in, otherwise u'll be splashing petrol everywhere, and let me tell ya, ur wife won't be very happy about petrol dripping in the house on carpet.
    Now that the filter is all out, start dismantling:
    DSC_0146.JPG
    Remove the black harness, for that u'll need a flat head screw driver to pry it off, as its quite for fingers to reach
    DSC_0145.JPG
    Then remove the off white harness and then the grey harness
    DSC_0140.JPG
    DSC_0141.JPG
    Then gently remove this black bit by prying it off with a flat headed screw driver
    DSC_0136.JPG
    Now carefully take off the bottom bit of the filter which is connected to the top part of filter with three hooks, so pry them with flat head screw driver one by one
    DSC_0144.JPG
    Now carefully start pulling the bottom part of filter, it'll need quite a pull as its attached to the top part of filter with a pipe with a rubber seal
    DSC_0135.JPG DSC_0133.JPG
    Bottom part removed
    DSC_0137.JPG
    Now time to remove the hard bit, this piece of metal needs to come out as well, and i tell u, it needs a really hard pull with some wiggling
    DSC_0132.JPG
    DSC_0138.JPG DSC_0139.JPG
    Time to remove the metal plate from the top. Start by pulling the rubber seal down with hands, quite an easy pull
    DSC_0148.JPG
    DSC_0150.JPG
    DSC_0149.JPG
    DSC_0147.JPG
    That's it, all done with the dismantling. Now put every thing back together in reverse and there u've a brand spanking new fuel filter in ur car.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    well done matey I have moved this thread into a separate thread.

3. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cheers CJ:Hey:

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Nice write up with decent photos to show the steps.
    Thank you for sharing. :Hey:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @hsyasin did you tip the old fuel out of the old filter you would have seen the cr@p accumulated inside it. When my tourer filter was changed it ok but still dirty.

6. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

No, didn't check inside, but its still lying out in the shed

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Give it a proper shake then shake it down from the inlet catch all the curd in your palms. Clean your hands too LOL

8. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

ok will have a look over the weekend

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The petrol may have evaporated by then :no:

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

If you can, please get a photograph of the residue.

11. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

will water work?

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just see if its all gone otherwise feed it some fresh petrol until the middle section is 3/4 full shake it thoroughly and then tip it out into a clean container that will give you all the clues to its life.

water won't shift anything mate.

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Good write-up there @hsyasin I've got mine to do at some point :Smile:

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @hsyasin were you able to look at the petrol filter?