Aftermarket Kit Accord Sedan Roof Rack

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by mustnap, Tuesday 29th Mar, 2016.

1. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    Hi guys.

Since I love my Accord so much, i would not want to part with it but having more kids means that I will need more storage space when I travel - so i am thinking of getting a roof rack for my accord. I have not seen one (accord with roof rack) in real life but i thought having a roof rack is a possibility for my accord (although mine has a sunroof).

So anyone knows how, where and the price to get a roof rack? Does it require drilling the roof or anything of that sort? Or is it like the boot bike rack that you can remove without a trace? (just a bit concerned if i ever want to sell my car, permanent holes might reduce the price slightly).

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks.

2. moi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gm Gardne Tavistock
    ...I have a set of genuine Honda roof bars for Accords without rails if you like to make an offer?

Bet wishes Giles

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    He is Kuala Lumpur if you haven't noticed :Wink:

4. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well, I might have some methods of shipping items from the UK to Malaysia. Have been purchasing Accord stuff from the UK since my move to Malaysia - still it is cumbersome process - need to get some acquaintance to help me and it will add to the cost of purchasing.

I do know that parts for this CL7/CL9 Accord, mainly the body parts are not easy to come by in Malaysia - hence the need to import stuff from the UK.

I'll direct message you @moi and see if we can make a sort of a deal.

If others know of locations/stores that I can by brand new of the rack and the installation is not that difficult (like installing boot/bike rack), let me know as well.

5. moi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gm Gardne Tavistock
    ...I hadn't ! Sorry 'mustnap' but poor crss atlantic experiences render my offer null & void ! Best wishes and bon courage !

6. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sent you a personal message anyway @moi :Grin:

7. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

any pointers anyone? Did some search on Halfords website but could not find the Accord bar (but the rack to be used on the bar is sold there)

8. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If anyone can share with me some pictures of the roof rack, or the part number of the accessories that Honda sells for this Accord model, that would be very helpful in my search.

Thanks

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Bump. Come on someone must know about these ??

10. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi.

I have some genuine Honda ones for my 7th Generation accord. There are OK I guess. I have seen better. They clamp under the door seals which is a bit annoying as you get more Road noise coming through, and also leaving them on for more than a few days can bend the rubber door seal. So not really a good design in my opinion. Otherwise they do the job.

mustnap likes this.
  11. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@Sphinx : thanks for the info. are you able to take pictures of the rack (while it is on top of your car) , focusing on the clamping as well as the item as a whole? Those pictures would help me in my hunt for the item. Part numbers are good as well.

12. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi. The rack is currently off the car. Will take pics next time it is on for you.

mustnap likes this.
  13. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@Sphinx : pics while it is off (just before you put it on) are good as well. Thanks a lot!

14. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bear with me I'll get you a link that might help you

15. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sure will do.

Looks very similar to this when fitted.

Attached Files:

16. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

17. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

awesome @MickyB !

Thanks for that pic @Sphinx . While that small pic does show how it looks like, if you have the opportunity and time (to take pics and upload), i will still accept the pics with open arms :Grin:

18. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They also do roof boxes if you didn't want to leave anything on show.

19. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys, apart from the links already shared there, anyone can recommend anything sold on Amazon UK? I am planning to make some purchase from Amazon and that Roof rack is among the item i am interested to buy. Or if @moi is re-considering to sell the roof rack to me (to be posted to a UK address in manchester :Smile: )

20. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm about to buy the following, but would like to know if members here know of cheaper source to buy the items?

vkiOKPc.