General Accord to FR-V

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StuH, Monday 3rd Jun, 2013.

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Do like the FR-V, think I could manage my fishing tackle with a couple of seats dropped. Really like the idea of a 2nd row of three proper seats and what appears to be much better access to them. I don't think there would be too much difference performance wise, between a manual 2.0 FR-V and my 2.4 auto accord. Anyone gone from one t'other?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    from a 2.4 to a 2.0 FR-V you will find a massive difference in performance.The 2.0 K series engine has a habit of drinking fuel need to drive it SLOW ,The R series 1.8 is slightly better but heavy on fuel when stretched . Avoid the 1.8 auto it has a serious drinking problem.

Other than that its a superb car plenty of room for your tackle.

3. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

I'd have thought the 2.4 auto would've been similar to the 2.0 manual in performance, no?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nope they are quite varied and different ,you would be well aware how responsive the k24 is k20 needs working for the same performance. k20 gearing in the FR-V is taller not meant for spirited drive not really a sporty car. Drive one mate your perception may be poles apart from mine.

5. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

I've driven the 1.8 but at the time an MPV was something others suffer so didn't really have much interest other than being a second pair of ears and eyes for my brother who was looking at the time. I seem to recall being impressed with the build and ride whilst being underwhelmed by the motor and it being quite noisy. However, I driven lots of cars so could be getting mixed up.

Did for a fleeting moment consider the Mazda5, quite like the idea of slidey doors on something other than a van, however the inerweb throws up tons of horror stories relating to the suspension being made of liquorice. Not all Japanese are equal it would seem...