Electrical & Lights accord tourer 2.4 side light bulb change?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by tonygw, Wednesday 3rd Dec, 2014.

1. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys

probably a simple question, does anybody have any tips to help me change the front side light bulbs on my 2004 accord tourer 2.4 petrol?

I had a look and they are in the tightest of spaces, tucked right in the front corner of the wing on both sides. I can if I try treally hard get my fingers on the plug to the bulb but no idea how I am going to remove them without loosing all the skin on my nuckles. may be if I leave my hands out in the cold they might shrink down small enough to get into remove them... lol

It amazes me why all manufacturers seem to make it more and more difficult to get to consumable parts like front lights these days. At least I don't own a renault megane though (remove the front bumper to change a bulb frech junk!)

Lights after all are a critical saftey feature on the car so they are kind of important!!!

Thanks!

2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I'm sure you just access them from inside the wheel arch. I think I only had to pull the cover back a little bit and I could get pretty easy access then on my saloon accord. I put led bulbs in and never had to worry about it again.

3. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ah right so I can go in from the wheel arch side? Didnt think of that. I just looked under the bonnet at the head light cluster but was dismayed to see how tucked away the side light bulbs were.

Nice one cheers.

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Aye reach up and it should pull out and have enough wire to drop down a little.

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    As @ArcticFire says - you just reach up and unplug them. Unclip two of the clips on the wheel arch splash guard, pull it back a bit with your head and snake your arm through. Just twist anti clockwise to remove them, pull the wire down, put in new bulb, tighten clockwise, put the clips back, job done.

In fact, the owners manual talks you through it if you still have it. You will never do it going in through the bonnet.