Exhaust System accord tourer stainless exhaust.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by motorbikelover, Thursday 22nd Sep, 2016.

1. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom david mee mansfield notts
    My accord 2.4 tourer is about to give in to rust (well it is 11 years old a) but do i go gen Honda or stainless. don't know how much a Honda system is but i have had a price of £350 for a stainless cat back and as the car runs on gas this may be the best option due to the amount of steam it chucks out the back. can anyone recommend any one or any were.

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I paid about that for an OEM catback including all OEM fittings from Holdcroft Honda. Designed to last 8 years, old one lasted 9 and a half. No issues with parts not fitting. Installed new o2 sensor at the same time which cost £80 plus a second hand OEM flexi downpipe which cost £70. No regrets.

Zebster likes this.
  3. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi I will have a look at them I did look at lings Honda they want £650 for both silencers so up to now stainless is the better deal but I don't want anything noisy

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

5. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

virtu honda have priced a new gen system at £506 all in and cybox want £495 for cat back stainless fitted and vat. I may go for the stainless because i run on gas and my silencers have rotted from the inside. Gone for cybox as they have a lot of good feedback unlike the cheaper one,s

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Running on Gas shouldn't mean you're silencer rot quicker on the inside, that's probably just down to age and perhaps she spent some of her life doing lots of short journeys.

Will the stainless system be as quiet as the OEM one ?

7. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

How do you mean all in - do you get a flexi pipe plus catback for that?

8. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Morning in its past life it was owned by a women with 3 kid so there you go cybox say they do 3 different sound levels and it should be close to stock problem is I will not know that till it fitted and paid for. What make do you have fitted

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Mine was done by http://www.mijexhaust.com/ but is quite loud.

From Weapon R header onwards including HFC, think I paid £400

12. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm torn really i was doing 50 mile a day to work but it's closed down now so the car will not get used as much other differenc it is Honda dealer is 3 mile cybox is Liverpool 75 mile although I don't mind traveling it's the noise thing I suppose

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    When are you getting it done bud? please do post pictures of it.

14. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    OEM one is presently £321.36 (18030SEDE01) + £196.63 (18035SEDE00) which, with 10% discount, would be £466.19 from Holdcroft, and being OEM it will fit perfectly and will be quiet.
    https://www.lingshondaparts.com/hon...01&block_02=B__0201&block_03=529&block_05=hcr

btw, the main section (18030SEDE01) will just fit inside the Tourer with the seats down ....and the glove box open . Yep with the front of the pipe in the glove box.

15. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

took the exhaust off to see how bad it was and it was the 2 in to 1 joint that was leaking so i re welded it and then made a re enforcement plate for top and bottom and welded it on rest of the exhaust is sound. the reason i did not take it for the stainless was they could not fit me in for over 2 weeks and the MOT was due before then so i had to do something with it.

Attached Files:

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That some crude @ss welding mate, but it does the job I suppose.

17. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The honda system were it meets on this joint i can tell you is a weak point indeed in fact mine broke in half when i took it off and there is only one seam weld round it and a brace that rots away. Rest of the system is good, As for the welding its an exhaust under a car there are two plates bent in three diffrent ways and gas welded. Lets factor in i paid £1100 for this car a year ago a new exhaust would be not far off half it price. still it passed its MOT and has just done a 500 mile holiday trip this week so all is well,

Simes likes this.
  18. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

That's actually a pretty decent welding considering the location and the fact that the pipes would have been rusted. The welds have penetrated the metal and aren't cold welds that are blobbed on top.

:GoodJob: I say

Simes likes this.
  19. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

last post on this one. My cars have to work and earn there keep. my whole family use this car and after a year of ownership of consider it has done that very well. Being a honda some parts can be expensive like the exhaust but thats what you buy in to. I love the car its not perfect and a bit battle scared but its a great drivers car (ok its auto) but i would like an 8th Generation in red and auto so while i don't like to patch things up i did not want to spend £500 on an exhaust only to get £600 part exchange if i sell it but at the moment it stays and will be enjoyed by all the family. Thanks to speedygee and others for your feedback. Just one final thing for the lpg users. I have been touring norfolk this week and before leaving home made a list of all gas stations listed on the autogas website in that area but there are so many more when you keep you eye open including one selling for 49p a litre witch i found on the a17 not long after i had filled up for 59p.

legend-ary likes this.