HVAC Acquiring GPS Signal

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by StuH, Friday 7th Jun, 2013.

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    This is getting annoying. When I take the battery off to recharge or replace as was the case today, I get the following message when I start the car afterwards:

**WAIT** The System is acquiring its GPS Signal

Leave the engine running
    Car stationary and parked away from buildings
    And so on...

When it's done this before it's cleared after a few goes but not this time. I'm stuck on this screen, I've tried the three key combo and I've even followed the instructions on the screen
    :Aghast: but with no joy. Any one else had this or any advice? GRRRRRRRR.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

4. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Car is parked on the road and don't want to leave a lead out over night. Have though about those solar t/c but not sure of their worth. Anyway, I'll have a read through the links provided.

- - - Updated - - -

Bit of an update; holding the 'menu' and 'zoom down' buttons got me into the diagnostic screen, I started to move through the screens and noticed a beep so I came out of the menu and sure enough the map was back up and I had all functions. However I've had to do that a couple of times since but that last time I got the screen but if went off after a minute or so and normality was resumed. Fingers crossed it seems to be slowly sorting itself out.

5. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Every time you disconnect the battery it will need to reacquire the satellites. When it comes up with the message about acquiring satellites it should warn you that the process can take over 15 minutes and you shouldn't turn the power off otherwise it will have to start the process all over again. I would say that patience is the key here. Randomly flicking through the hidden menu won't do anything to speed up the process.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  6. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

I did, sat there for about 20 minutes before getting bored, did that a few times.