General Acura RSX Type-S

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NateGreenBB4, Monday 14th Dec, 2015.

?

Acura RSX Type-S in the UK

Poll closed Monday 28th Dec, 2015.
  1. Worth bringing to the UK since its somethibg different

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Just sell it and buy a dc5 Honda Integra Type-R

100.0%
  1. NateGreenBB4 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United States Nate Aurora
    20151202_090008. 20151019_172342. Quick question for people in the UK i live in the states but im originally from England im looking to move back in the next year or so and im thinking of bringing my RSX type-S with me. Would it be pretty rare if i brought my left hand drive DC5 back over to the UK?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's a fine looking DC5 !

There's plenty of left drive cars in the UK but DC5's being available in RHD I'm wondering when the time comes would you have problems selling it on ?

So with that in mind I'd lean towards a "sell it and buy one here" approach.

NateGreenBB4 likes this.
  3. NateGreenBB4 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Maybe due to it being LHD but if its something not seen often in the car scene in the UK i would most likely keep it when i come back, especially since acura is only sold in the states i can't imagine that there are many in the car scene in the UK

4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    In my opinion I would sell it and get a ITR instead, I don't think it being LHD and having Acura logos makes its much different or unique, and being LHD would be a downer for a RHD country.

NateGreenBB4 likes this.
  5. NateGreenBB4 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yea thats very true it will most likely be more of a pain than its worth to keep it and also the type-r has more power! Thanks for the input!

6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    That is one fantastic looking RSX!
    Its quite a fad for UK owners to badge their cars with JDM names etc. Yaris folks put on Vitz badges and mats etc. Being an RSX might give you more views in a meet but insurance wise I think ITR will probably be cheaper to run. Unlike USA, there are quite a lot of grey imports coming from Japan so you are never too far away from a good example so unfortunately in my opinion sell it there and buy an ITR here. You can always bring the RSX badges with you and specific mods that you think might be difficult to get in UK ;D

NateGreenBB4 likes this.
  7. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Very nice, what wheels are those?

8. NateGreenBB4 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Rota Grids 17x9 with +25 offset

9. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Getting a Type-R which is not really available to you in US would be the way to go if you still want a teg/RSX
    it would be hard to shift on here, most buyers would want Type-R variants in this market. it would not be 'special' enough to warrant LHD and thats not knocking your car btw!