Electrical & Lights ADAS - Funny Symbol / Radar Blocked

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by TheDarkKnight, Thursday 14th Feb, 2013.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Saw a new symbol on the dash screen yesterday what with the snow coming down.

Not the best picture I admit, but quite funny to see the "hand" with a wipe gesture to clean the radar while ADAS was activated.

Anyone had this before?

Last edited: Saturday 6th Dec, 2014
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dirty front radar or obstruction on it.. in your case covered with snow.. millimeter radar cannot calculate distances to engage CMBS

There will be DTC code stored in the ECU it would be worth while to know what it is ?:Blink: it could be

DTC 88: Millimeter wave radar out of detection condition

DTC 95: Battery voltage is too high

DTC 96: Battery voltage is too low

DTC 97: CMBS offset cancel timeout and others

is ADAS on the whole working now.. ? I have to say that MID display code is clever thanks for sharing it.. I too need to be mindful of it.

3. mickthesaw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I got that also this week with the snow on mine driving down the M1, once it had melted everything was back to normal

Ichiban likes this.
  4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If the MID screen was bigger, the amount of info that can be presented would be astonishing.

Not that it is lacking now, but very intuitive to have the information right in front of the drivers line of sight.:Thumbup:

5. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    Cmbs

Several times going North in sleet, the CMBS warning light, lit up. The sleet being on the Honda badge and blocking the radar. Anyone know of anything you can coat the honda badge with to stop stuff sticking to it? Thanks...

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: Cmbs

Rainex or layers of quality carnauba wax will do it.. but anything of an inch of snow it will cling due to the weight of snow.

You will have to remove it manually.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well the i-MID on the 9th Generation Civic is move to that direction hopefully the 9th Generation Accord refines this .

One of my irritants is when LKAS is engaged you can see the real-time MPG gauge but you can view the SvRS date and countdown on top whilst LKAS is engaged.

But being Honda they didn't want the safety aspect of clear safety clouded with over information A display not clouded with other information which give you one command to follow is a better solution.

And I don't want a dash like an Airbus , Boeing hell yeah!