ICE & HFT Adding Points of Interest to Honda satnav system

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Julianp, Saturday 23rd Jun, 2012.

1. Julianp Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paris
    Hi,
    Apologies if this has been covered here before but I am interested in finding out if it is possible to add your own Points of Interest to Honda's satnav system - I have a 2012 Type-S. I previously had a car with a BMW DVD-based system: it was possible to use some proprietary software wondrously called Pimp-My-Nav to edit the data on the map disc and add POIs of your own, then create a copy of the image and burn a new DVD from that. I added the XPart MG Rover dealers in Europe and speed camera/danger zone locations, for example. Pimp-My-Nav had quite a slick graphical user interface and worked with BMW and VW/Audi group cars. Is there anything similar for the Honda system? Does anyone have any experience in this area?
    Thanks,
    Julian.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Not a fan of German cars who makes their sat nav software? if it Navtec then in principle this software can be used.

It a case of trying and see what it does.

3. Julianp Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paris
    Hi Peppyster1,
    In fact it wasn't a German car but an MG ZT which uses BMW-based audio and satnav equipment because at the time the range was initially developed MG Rover belonged to BMW. Pimp-My-Nav will only work with selected car manufacturers' discs: even though the underlying map data all comes from a couple of companies (one of them Navteq, as you mention) it also needs to interact with the graphical user interface layer on top of the mapping data, which varies widely by manufacturer. It may mean going deeper into the file structure to edit it, which I would be willing to try if necessary - I built up quite a bit of experience with this.
    Cheers,
    Julian.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Try it and see what happens, your feedback will be beneficial to others who want to tweak their sat nav.

Use your experience in this filed for the common good.:Thumbup: