ICE & HFT Adding USB and Aux to Legend

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by timkk, Sunday 21st Dec, 2014.

1. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I was going to recommend xcarlink, but after checking their website, they do not make anything for the Legend. Both the links you have included are for something very similar and cannot see any problem with using one of them.

Nels likes this.
  3. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    I have been also going to get that grom thing, just havent get in to it yet (lazy me).
    Also using those OEM connectors inside center console would be nice, there is a place for them but they came standard 09.
    Acurazine guys have used these groms, OEM audio interfaces and these Audiovox - Driven By DICE Electronics - Vehicle Validator etc.
    For me grom would be best choice because i could get it inside EU (no custom fees or vat)

4. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It looks like you can get them from ebay for £130.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Tim, buddy, get yourself an avatar and add your car to the club garage please. Your posts kinda look ... well undecorated :Wink:

6. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@SpeedyGee, yeah will do proper photo session after christmas :Wink:.

7. Legendliving Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not an expert, but the Acura RL comes with a satellite radio input that can be used for usb/aux. Our cars seem to need the cd disabled to be converted

8. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    ^ Not all of them, if have got it right.

9. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    This is what i understood from USA forums. Not 100% sure.
    1. In USA you might have that XM radio (digital satelite) if it was bought as an accessory. This case you have to connect aftermarket usb thing in your trunk where the XM unit is.
    2. Canadians don't have that XM option. This case you connect that usb thing behind radio.
    3. Eu models (Legends) are like Cannuck's with that radiop thing.
    Please, correct me if i am wrong anyhow.

10. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@Maintenanceman this is interesting. However, it lists Honda Legend (2007+ models) as compatible cars on that ebay auction.

11. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I can't edit posts. My previous answer was meant for @Legendliving

12. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    At some point, when i was looking for grom audio interface, manufacturer listed Acura RL but not Legend, i was e-mailing grom and the answer was that they are not 100% sure about Legend but about 98% sure.
    They said that i can order it and there is full money back guarantee if it doesnt fit.

13. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi tom
    i seem to think that if you use the devices you are looking at you will lose the sound on the sat nav. Honda offered a device to do the job in the options list when the car was new, i think this device can be bought from the manufacturer direct.
    hope this helps.
    matt

14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'd recommend that one of you go and tear-down the centre console to get to the back of the head unit and confirm once and for all exactly what kind of inputs you have. Until someone takes the dive it's going to be hard to get a solution documented for the EDM Legend.

15. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@mattyg thx for tip with Honda's device. I'll look into it too. @DeviateDefiant . Yeah, I'll do that when I have some free time and post back with pictures for future generations of honda legend owners :Wink:.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  16. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
  17. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

18. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is strange. Description of GROM box from this website states that it's not compatible with any NAV unit whereas the one from my ebay link claims it's compatible with satnav...

19. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    timkk and Nighthawk like this.
  20. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Maintenanceman likes this.