General Adjusting headlights?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Fiskekutteren, Sunday 10th Apr, 2016.

1. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    Greetings.

I need a new left headlight, but it is hard to find one in Denmark, so i was going to buy one from the UK.
    But there is one problem. In Denmark we drive on the left handside, where you guys drive on right hand side, so the lights are aimed to different ways.

I know it is possible to adjust them up and down, but does any of you know if you can adjust them side to side, so they don't glare?

Thank you and have nice weekend.

2. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi @Fiskekutteren. What is the problem with your existing headlight, has it gone all yellow and faded. If this is the case then you can get restoration kits to fix this. I have used the Meguirs one with good success.

If you are looking for a replacement light, surely one from Germany, France etc might be an easier bet as then are all left hand drive and set up as such. As for UK headlights, they may be able to be adjusted, but I am not sure how much, and surely the light beam pattern will still be all wrong for your country?

exec and Fiskekutteren like this.
  3. matt park Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

matt North London
    You can adjust the throw of the light unit to go side to side or higher or lower. The height adjuster is on the motor section, where the wire loom is connected, and the left to right adjuster will be towards the centre of the car. There should be a gap where you can fit a cross head screwdriver in to make the adjustment

exec and Fiskekutteren like this.
  4. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    Harvey the problem is that i was unlucky and hit a deer last week, so my left headlight broke, not the glass but all the brackets.
    - - - Updated - - -
    So maybe there is hope, i am going to look after it.

exec likes this.
  5. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    Have just tried looking for the adjuster screw, and i found it. It actually not at the center of the car, but it is near the fender.
    I tried adjusting it and saw the whole unit inside turn to either left or right. The car lighting up a wall, so i could see the light pattern, but it did not look like it changed the pattern much.

Looking at lingshondaparts.com the left hand drive headlights, has a different part number than the Right hand drive headlights.