Electrical & Lights Adjusting the rear view camera angle

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by lefty, Friday 31st May, 2013.

1. lefty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does anybody know how to adjust the camera angle on an 8th Generation Accord EX?

My wife's EX with rear view camera 2009 model, used to look straight back with very little bodywork showing, now (and I do not know how it has moved?) it is partially looking at the number plate!

I have tried turning what looks like the cover that sits around the camera lens (it has 2 very small holes in that a set of circlip pliers fit) but it will not move, and I do not want to break it!

Any help, would be much appretiated!

Lefty.

2. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The plastic panel that covers the camera and number plate lights just clips off. If you take the boot trim off should get access to it and be able to see if it's cme loose.

3. lefty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Many thanks for that info, it all seems tight but will look into when my wife can spare the car!

4. BanditSid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Our Tourer has a rear camera and it looks almost straight down the back of the car past the bumper, the view includes the first couple of digits on the number plate - I find it really handy when reversing towards a high kerb or wall or parked car. The camera is fairly wide angle and does have a view down the road, but it does include a fair bit of bodywork as you mentioned.

5. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    I can clearly see the rear bumper in mine, I find it very handy when reversing tight against a wall, I'd rather trust the camera than the parking sensors, which go off too early in my opinion.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You can't adjust the lense its fixed.

7. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I can also see the bumper in mine, and generally use that as my guide.

8. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Lefty,
    Possible she hit something/somebody hit her and the whole boot has moved a bit?
    Check this first before touching the camera.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Lefty any development on this ?

10. lefty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Still haven't had time to check the car, my wife works away a lot, will try this weekend.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    NP bud, just thought we could start with a picture of our rear view camera to see if we can find anything out of the ordinary.

12. lefty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

View attachment 10436 This is the view from my wife's rear view mirror - she was complaining that she never used to see the number plate.
    View attachment 10437 This is after adjusting? (i removed camera and put some insulation tape on one edge to raise it, as Iciban stated it cannot be adjusted)
    View attachment 10438 Rear of camera - removed from car. The screws hold the camera in the bracket.
    View attachment 10439 Inside of boot lid with trim removed - be careful removing trim as there are 3 different sort's of clips that retain it.
    View attachment 10440 Picture of camera with number plate light trim removed.
    I hope the wife will be happy with the very little slight improvement!

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Lefty, we can't see the pictures mate. Can you please re-insert. Correct way to add pictures is to go into Advanced mode and use the attachments icon.

14. lefty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

P1000323. View from camera before adjustment - the wife said it never used to show the number plate.
    P1000328. View after 'adjustment' could not adjust camera as Ichiben stated, so had to lift it up using insulating tape!
    P1000325. Rear of removed camera - the screws just hold the camera into the mounting bracket.
    View attachment 10452 Boot with trim removed.
    View attachment 10453 Number plate plastic trim surround removed, showing reverse camera fully.

Sorry about the photos not coming up first time!