General Adjuting boot mechanism

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by christy77, Saturday 22nd Nov, 2014.

1. christy77 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris
    Hi all,

I developed an issue with my accord saloon yesterday. The boot now needs to be shut with a lot of force to get it to stay shut.
    Latch is working as it should. Electronic boot release is fine. I assume I need to adjust the striker bar on the actual car as opposed to the lock mechanism?
    A
    can't see easily any way of doing this. Anyone any experience of this happening?

Cheers
    Chris

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Did you close the boot when something was wedged in the boot lip which would have caused the boot lid to flex?

3. christy77 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris
    Kind of lol! I closed it with a shopping bag over the catch. It was after that it has been not closing. Not sure it would have caused boot to flex though.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ok that good to know basically you need to look at the hinges pull a string of wire across both end and it will tell you if one side has pulled.Then it case of gently flexing the boot with some brute force whilst its opened.

don't adjust the boot latch otherwise it will get painful. Have a look and tell me.

Nighthawk likes this.
  5. christy77 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris
    Ya you were right. Looked like on side was pulled slightly and wasn't aligning quite right with striker catch. Managed to straighten and is closing fine.....for now anyway. Thanks for the help.

Ichiban and Nighthawk like this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds