Pre-Purchase Advice on Accord Type-S please :0)

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by steveespenell, Friday 3rd Apr, 2015.

1. steveespenell New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom GB
    Hello guys.... Looking for some advice. I have the chance of a 2003 Accord Type-S, but I've never had a Honda before. What is the build quality on them like? This one has 125000 on the clock, is that a really high mileage on one? It seems all up together and will have 12 months MOT.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated :0)
    Cheers - Steve

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Steve, the build quality on the 7th generation Accords is superb.

I assume its a 2.0 petrol that you are looking at ? Petrol Accords are uber reliable. All they need is regular oil changes and they go on for ever.

My 2004 2.4 Exec spec is coming up to 150K, it's still going strong indeed, it drives as quiet as a new car, bar a full exhaust system that I replaced recently everything else is still original (even the clutch!). I've had it since 67K, it's never let me down and all I've spent on it is routine servicing, brakes and as mentioned the exhaust system.

If the engine oil has been changed regularly 125K the Accord is only just entering middle age.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@steveespenell Honda are the most reliable brand, and have been for the last 8 years. Petrol Accords arguably the best of them all.
    Check that the Type-S you are looking at has a good service record and not been neglected.

If you have a look through here you will find plenty of 7th Generation Type-S and can see that they are fabulous cars.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    When I was looking for an Accord I was initially thinking about a diesel but after reading about all the costly repairs decided to get a 2.4 petrol instead.

I've had 2 Civic VTi's and a Prelude before the Accord and can tell you that they've all been very reliable.

Ichiban and Nels like this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    petrol always wins the reliability stakes all day long, you just spend a lot on fuel but nothing on repairs.

7. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Usually linked to my addiction to VTEC :Wink:

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ain't that the honest truth, poor weasel engine all they get is torque in narrow band and clouds of smoke :focus: