General Advice on selling my old reliable Honda Jazz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OllyR, Saturday 13th Aug, 2016.

1. OllyR Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Olly Salisbury
    I have a Honda Jazz 1.4 Nighthawk Black Pearlescent registered September 2006 (Its in the CLub Garage). Spared no expense on maintaining it, has brand new rear tyres, recent brakes all round, always kept clean inside and out. By no means 100% perfect cosmetically. 110,000 miles. No faults, selling as time to move on to a bigger car.

Any recommendations on best place to sell these days as it is probably only worth £1200-£1400 and historically I`ve never found Autotrader.co.uk worth the cost. I`ve previously sold local, on Pistonheads and last car back in 2012 even on eBay!

And advice I would be grateful for! :Smile:

Attached Files:

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I have had similarly bad experiences with AutoTrader. eBay these days is all the rage but to be really honest of all the cars I have sold for myself or my friends, the shady GumTree has everyone beat. Free and if you are careful, its the best place to sell under £2K cars. eBay people bid or make contacts but never show up.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Why not put an advert in the For Sale section of the club with your demand and detailed photos of the car and a bit of history.. you never know where the buyer is..

3. OllyR Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Olly Salisbury
    Good point about GumTree thanks - I've put it on there for free, also on some free local sites on Facebook. I think eBay are a bit greedy these days but they did sell my previous Honda for me back in 2011 and someone travelled some 180 miles to buy it!
    - - - Updated - - -
    Will try on the club site thanks! :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Just tried on the Club Marketplace - insufficient rights! Must post more often! :Smile: