Detailing Advice please on protecting diamond cuts.

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by ricksmith, Sunday 3rd Aug, 2014.

1. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all
    As above. Apart from washing and waxing after every wash and not kerbing has anybody any further advice plse. Have diamond cuts on gf Jazz si
    and would like to protect as much as poss.
    Thanks chaps
    Rick

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I personally would suggest the following for keeping the diamond cut wheels looking brand new all the time.

1)never use any acidic based wheel cleaners. If you have in the past then it's game over
    2) only use then on the car for 5 months from May thru October.have a spare set of alloys and tyres for the rest of the year.
    3) waxes practically useless as the lacquer used by Honda on the diamond cut alloys wears with time and cold temperature ruins them.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

If I have diamond cut on my next Honda, I will be doing exactly as @Ichiban has said.
    Standard alloys for the winter and the diamond cut only come out when all the salt has gone.

4. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    I would personally apply a semi pemanent sealant such as Gtechniq wheel armour or Nanolex pro wheel sealant. Will form a nice barrier and then you can always just add a layer of wax now and then

5. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Thanks to all who contributed.
    Rick

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Just caught up with this one. Totally agree with @Ichiban, a spare set of wheels is a great option. Unfortunately my diamond cut alloys (that the Accord came with) are the ones I'm using for the Winter. DOH! :PullFaces:

Having looked at some other forums, it isn't just Honda that has this issue - all manufacturers seem to.

Maybe I should get a set of these...:gotcha:

2qsqij9.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    naah all four tyres as these

wheel_space_saver_jazz_2006_1___96004.