Dealers/Garages After good dealer or indie in York,Leeds area

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by rhinogolf, Thursday 2nd Feb, 2012.

1. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Hi after good dealer or indie garage to do work on my accord tourer any info would be great

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Rhinogolf if you are handy with the spanners there are loads of DIY guides for the I-CTDI service. The list of DIY threads will increase with time. Do you have any specific issues on your car can you elaborate what they are ?

3. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Were do i start in last 6months its had 3clutches a DMF,VSA module,manifold and the new shorter aux belt now got a whinning rattling noise down behind pulley.Honda york wanted £199 to diagnose problem (Edited by CJ ). They said noise was probably timing chain i think its bearing in alternator which i wish i had changed when new belt went on as i type car in indie garage there going to take belt of obviously if no noise this gets rid of the timing chain.But i want a local mechanic who as good knowledge of hondas.HH did my manifold but there 2hrs away.And finally no im useless with spanners my wife calls me Frank Spencer

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Wow that is bad workmanship that is a first for me to hear three clutches & a DMF!! Do you have a remap on your car and who had been fitting these clutches for you? Did you use genuine Honda parts ? I would be doubting the person who has been fitting these clutches without using the Honda special tool you cannot get the pressure plate and clutch plate aligned. You also need to ensure the clutch pedal adjustment is correct.

They way I look at the exorbitant pricing regime is to ask and enquire what they will be doing for this amount , the more question you ask and being inquisitive the service manager will realise you are no push over. It wrong to charge such fees but with some tact they can be channelled in the right direction. However if you start to contribute to the forum you can avail my services Honda Diagnostics & Troubleshooting for AOC Member.

5. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Sorry if i over stepped the mark all work as been done by main dealer in york apart from manifold which HH did and clutch ajustment 1st clutch changed 110k with DMF the next was a faulty clutch changed under warranty next lasted 9k then VSA went followed by manifold

6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sorry to hear about this Dave...3 clutches in 6 months...have you had a remap by any chance?...if so are you putting things back to stock?

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi don't worry about the slight infringement ,if all this work has been done by an authorised Honda dealer then it covered by a year of warranty. However if you have a remap then you are not ...

8. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Got stage1 remap and EGR delete but this was put on when on the clutch im on now with no probs and it was them who told me my manifold was on way out about 15k ago

9. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

All known issues but a real run of bad luck getting them all arrive at once...at least the later clutches have been covered by Honda warranties...if the latest noise was just a whine rather than a rattle and a whine then personally I would be less worried, but keyboard guessing is no good, your diagnosis will fill in the blanks soon enough. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    In hindsight if the person who did the remap was made aware of the history of your car they should have advised you against the remap. Did you make them aware of the history prior to the remap.?

11. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Yes i informed them but it was my desicion as i was having slight hesatation between 1st and 2nd which this sorted and have had no problem since apart from noise i mentioned which is the timing chain i have been told is the culprit for the noise.The mechanic said if if had not told him what i thought the noise was he would not of diagnosed it as sounds normal for age and milage which is 145k and hes heard far worse.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well if you need a timing chain you will need to revert your car to stock to get a warranty claim. Honda will thoroughly inspect a car to determine if the car is tuned to entertain a warranty claim. I wished file up loaders take the time to mention this to unsuspecting punters ...majority of them won't as it results in a lost sale for them.

But that leave you with the consensus to deal with.Sorry to be blunt but that is the bare bone reality.

13. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    So could the remap be to blame for the chain ?? The cars a taxi and it does not get driven hard or fast. Like i mentioned i only had the remap to get rid of the hesatation . How do i get back to stock sorry for been a pain

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  15. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

You're not being a pain Dave ask away & we will try and help if we can.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I concur and echo Cliff statement this community is here to help with the best advice ..we are not in the game of fleecing our members.