Detailing After Wash Drying Aid

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by bigroncoleman, Monday 11th Apr, 2016.

1. bigroncoleman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does anyone using an after wash drying aid when drying their cars post?

- Dodo Juice time to dry
    - Chemical guys after wash
    - Autoglym aqua wax

I have read are good bout these but was wondering if people have used these or know of others? If these give the finish a bit more shine and reduce water spots/streaks i was thinking of giving it a try...

BigRon

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Megs last touch been using that for yonks and it does the job perfectly.

3. jazzway Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Marlène Maasgouw
    I use Finish Kare #425 and love it! On dark cars you have to make sure to wipe off well, but you will like the shine. :Smile:

4. ampers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,
    I use Autoglym aqua wax, seems to do a fair job.
    Basically, one or two squirts per wet panel and then use a dry mircofibre clothe to wipe the wet panels dry, job done.
    So all you are doing is wiping dry as normal plus adding a little bit of the wax?
    Seems to last, beading wise between washes which in my case is normally about every month with a proper waxing twice a year.

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^I haven't used anything like that specifically - I prefer to dry the car with my drying towel then use a QD. The Dodo Juice Red Mist is fantastic, is a protection detailer, and only takes about 15 minutes to do a whole CR-V.

6. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    I feel like I'm missing out.
    After washing I rinse and then use a chamois to dry. I then polish & wax if time and weather allow.

I tried a spray on wax once but found it smeared.

Gone to Google megs last touch as I'm megs through and through.

So I spray this on rather then polish or wax?

7. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    don't use a chamois for starters, they can marr your soft Honda paint, get yourself a nice plush drying towel. You don't need to polish all the time, i probably polish my car 2-3 times per year but apply a wax to protect the paint surface from the elements every 8 weeks or so. After every wash i will use a quick detailer spray to top up the shine and add a further bit of protection.

FirstHonda and BB Baboonface like this.
  8. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    With a decent few coats of sealant, a mini air force dryer machine and a massive microfibre normally does okay for me.
    May look into a drying aid at some point though.

9. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    I used to use Meguiars Last Touch which was fantastic.

More recently, I have been using Anachem Ultragloss during rinsing through the power hose.

This video shows how well it works on a car which has no polish or wax on it

i then simply run round it with a good drying towel and if I have time/patience i run the air line round all the panel gaps etc then dry up the runs.

FirstHonda likes this.
  10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Could not agree more with @wanner69 on the drying towel vs chamois choice. I use the Elite drying towel (see quote) but there are loads of good ones available.

11. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    Thanks for the eye opener @wanner69
    I didn't even know drying clothes existed.
    I'll happily switch over if it improves the putclme

12. jazzway Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Marlène Maasgouw
    I also use a big drying towel, the Monelli Senza Acqua Drying Towel - 70x80cm. I can dry our car without wringing the towel.

Not sure if this is posted before, but if you time here's a recent test from detailing sprays and some spray waxen.

part 1:

part 2:

FirstHonda likes this.
  13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Me too after reading this.

14. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Ditto