Off-Topic After years of suffering bought a decent boom box

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 24th Apr, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    As the title suggest I love my radio and music and listening to them at home was always on entry level tin boxes. This weekend I gave up when I was playing my Led Zeppelin collection.

Got into the car and went to Mc ArthurGlen retail outlet at York and straight into Bose, my entire music collection is on CD's so ripped a lot onto my iPhone and iPad. Since going to Apple need a device which integrates into the new system and does away with physical media.

I bought the Bose SoundDock10 digital music system, had a demo and was might impressed with it , the sound quality was good.The deal clincher they were doing a 100 quid off the list price.I love this simplicity of the device even my 7 year daughter has grasped the the concept in 30 minutes flat. I downloaded TuneIn Radio app for £0.69p and you got digital radio how needs DAB radio?

You can also go for bluetooth docking module and stream music from your device ,so far I am happy with the music quality,and love the soundock 10.

2. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Love this shop. Only up the road from me so my home is full bose stuff. The home cinema set up is out of this world.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You can seriously go crazy in Bose, but if you are in states it cheaper. I was down at Bethany Beach Delaware in the early 2000 and the prices were unbelievable, I wish I had the money then.

You could pick up the a home theatre system for $700 :Wink:

4. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Like the Bose, my wife and I have been very happy with Sonos (Sonos.com). Blended with an existing Hifi in the lounge and spare speakers in the bedroom. Tune-in, Aupeo, iTunes collection on the Mac, 200gb on the pc. All very intuitive and controlled from the iPhone, Mac and iPad. Treat yourselves.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks for the tip Paul I am looking for a tabletop speaker system for my desk at work or even in my first gen. I will am going to have a look at Sonos :Thumbup:

6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Given the choice I would only choose Bose speaker. I have been nothing but impressed with the quality and quantity of sound their speakers produce. I've never heard a bad word about them.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have been getting my moneys worth out of this Bose system and the TuneIn Radio, I am listen to more radio music now than watching the idiot box. I feel listening to music more gets my creative mind into overdrive and its doing me good. :Thumbup:

On the radio I listen to

last.fm
    Absolute80s I love the 80's can't get enough of the music I have this running everywhere to the dismay of my office colleagues
    Smooth Radio

There are others too but majority of the time on these three channels.

I have it in the car, rock solid internet is provided by three's MiFI mobile broadband, a truly mobile DAB radio via my Iphone.

8. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    A good friend of mine turned me onto Bose when I was over at her house for a Christmas party. The sound quality is superb. This item goes on my Christmas wish list.