Tyres & Wheels aftermarket alloys 114.3 pcd???

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by mcatchpole77, Saturday 10th Aug, 2013.

1. mcatchpole77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Help me out guys I have just bought some 18" alloys off ebay with a 114.3 PCD but upon fitting them today it seems that my car is not 114.3?? as they are tight to get on the studs, I have had the wheels checked today and it has been confirmed they are 114.3 so not sure what is wrong as I was told my 2009 2.2 Idect tourer was 114.3?

HELP

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Don't recall the PCD to hand at the mo ,but I they are tight then it not right will look it up when I get back.

3. mcatchpole77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks much apprieciated

Mark

4. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    Our cars are 114.3 mm PCD same as majority of Japanese cars, if you don't mind me asking what make are the wheels, who checked them?. The next nearest PCD to ours are vw/Audi,skoda which are PCD 112mm. It could be that however checked them mismeasured as we are only speaking 2mm of difference which would explain the tightness of the studs.

5. mcatchpole77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah it makes sence what is the most accurate way to check this?

6. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    PCD is measured between two bolts diagonally opposite one and other, what to do is measure the diameter of your bolt hole, now measure the distance neat between the two diagonal stud holes then add the diameter of 1 stud hole diameter you measured an this will tell you. Hope this makes sense, this is as accurate as I can think off unless we have a genius that can chime in.

7. mcatchpole77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

trouble is being a 5 stud you won't get the true diameter as no two are directly opposite each other like a 4 stud??

8. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    Yes correct but on 5 stud imagine they are studs 12345' now when I mean opposite I mean 1/3, 2/4' 5/2 etc. that is how PCD is measured on 5 stud wheels, I would try an add image but I'm not great on the computer and would be here all night trying to upload it. If you are still bemused just ask and I will try and describe better.

9. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    View attachment 11025
    To measure P.C.D. on a 5 stud wheel, measure from the inside of one hole to the outside of the next hole.

It should be 67.183mm

If it is 65.832 then the wheels are 5x112 (VW and Vauxhall Scrap)
    If it is 70.535 then the wheels are 5x120 (BMW scrap)

10. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    It's true what they say, everydays a learning day, I just assumed that's how it was done as never really had to check in the past, cheers Pete.