Aftermarket Kit aftermarket ball joint?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by dinoc, Tuesday 29th Sep, 2015.

1. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Do you know any good aftermarket brand for ball joints? I need to replace my front right lower ball joint.
    The dealer advises me not to go on the OEM route for this particular part (as they seem the replacement parts are unexpectedly low in quality - a lot of customers returns after 3 months or less to replace the parts under warranty) .
    They advised me to look for aftermarket parts, but don't know what, any idea?

I tried looking for Lemforder but couldn't find the part in their catalogue.

2. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Found Blueprint, FEBI Bilstein, Jakoparts, ... any suggestions for one from these?

3. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Low quality? OEM? They seem to be talking out of there bottom.

4. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    They said they are always recommend to replace parts with OEM, except for these particular OEM ball joints.
    Their words not mine, in fact they had all the interest to sell me their OEM parts .
    They believe the replacements are bad in quality (compared with what was originally on the car from factory)
    as they have a lot of complains about these, as lots of cars are coming back to replace them under part warranty after 3 months or so.
    Probably they don't want me back after a a few months asking for replacement under part warranty and they just prefer to spare all these and recommend aftermarket.
    At least this is my understanding ...

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That can only be true of they are sourcing non OEM parts as replacements.
    - - - Updated - - -
    If a dealer fits non OEM, that will automatically void your manufacturer warranty anyway !!

6. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Or maybe Honda changed the manufacturer for them which is a common practice in this business.
    I doubt they are using fake parts (branded as Honda OEM) , it's an official Honda dealer not a small shop.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I also doubt a manufacturer approved part would only last 3 months !

The dealer told you to fit non OEM parts !! Something seems fishy about all this.

Nighthawk likes this.
  8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I've heard blueprint ate crap, febi have been OK in my own experience. I usually decide OEM or third party depending on how important the part is and what kind of stress or wear it may take.

9. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
  10. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I've found blueprint to be almost as expensive as OEM whereas febi are normally far cheaper but could be best to just stick with OEM lol

11. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    found Blueprint and Febi ball joint at the exact same price :Smile:

12. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Probably Dingbro taking the rip then with blueprint parts.lol

13. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    I would only go after market if you need to.
    Like I have adjustable rear ball joints to compensate for - rear camber.But these are the bees nees and made by ingalls.
    If it's just a straight swap go for OEM all day long.

dinoc likes this.