Guides Aftermarket Camber Kits (Saloon & Tourer)

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Wednesday 20th Jun, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is to put the endless debate whether the 8th gen saloon aftermarket camber kit can fit a tourer?I have spent a good two week collating the data between the two chassis to cross checked the differences. I have made countless measurements and weight readings and the result is 100% crystal clear you can!:Happy:On the 8th Generation both tourer and saloon share the same suspension layout giving us the opportunity for the first time to use off the shelf camber kits on the tourer.

CW2 & CU2  Rear Suspension.
    Lower Arm A is common known as the Rear Traction Rods.

Lower Arm B is common known as the Camber arm
    Control arm is common known Toe Arm

For the enthusiasts who need further information in-depth information.
    CW2 CU2 Rear Suspension.

8th Generation Honda Accord Tourer CW2 Acura TSX Wagon

Item 11
    52340-TA0-A00 ARM COMP RIGHT RR CONTROL (Rear Toe arm)
    Height (mm) 45
    Net weight (kg) 0,792
    Width (mm) 50
    Volume (m³) 0,0006750
    Length (mm) 300

Item 12 52345-TA0-A00 ARM COMP LEFT RR CONTROL (Rear Toe arm).
    Height (mm) 45
    Net weight (kg)
    Width (mm) 50
    Volume (m³) 0,0006750
    Length (mm) 300

Item 13 & 14 52350-TA0-A00 ARM COMP RR.LOWER RIGHT & LEFT HAND SIDE (Rear Camber arm)
    Height (mm) 50 Net
    weight (kg) 1,180
    Width (mm) 80
    Volume (m³) 0,0019200
    Length (mm) 480

Item 16 52370-TL0-E00 ARM COMP RR.RIGHT LOWER (Rear Traction Rods)
    Height (mm) 45
    Net weight (kg) 1,146
    Width (mm) 65
    Volume (m³) 0,0012870
    Length (mm) 440

Item 17 52375-TL0-E00 ARM COMP RR LEFT. LOWER (Rear Traction Rods)
    Height (mm) 45
    Net weight (kg) 1,146
    Width (mm) 65
    Volume (m³) 0,0012870
    Length (mm) 440

8th Generation Honda Accord Saloon CU2 ,Accord Euro ,Acura TSX

Item 11 52340-TA0-A00 ARM COMP., RIGHT. RR. CONTROL (Toe Arm)
    Height (mm) 45
    Net weight (kg) 0,792
    Width (mm) 50
    Volume (m³) 0,0006750
    Length (mm) 300

Item 12 52345-TA0-A00 ARM COMP., LEFT . RR. CONTROL (Toe Arm)
    Height (mm) 45
    Net weight (kg)
    Width (mm) 50
    Volume (m³) 0,0006750
    Length (mm) 300

Item 13 & 14 52350-TA0-A00 ARM COMP RR. LOWER RIGHT & LEFT HAND SIDE (Camber Arms)
    Height (mm) 50
    Net weight (kg) 1,180
    Width (mm) 80
    Volume (m³) 0,0019200
    Length (mm) 480

Item 16 52370-TL0-E00 ARM COMP. RIGHT. RR. LOWER (Traction Rods)
    Height (mm) 45
    Net weight (kg) 1,146
    Width (mm) 65
    Volume (m³) 0,0012870
    Length (mm) 440

Item 17 52375-TL0-E00 ARM COMP, LEFT.RR. LOWER (Traction Rods)
    Height (mm) 45
    Net weight (kg) 1,146
    Width (mm) 65
    Volume (m³) 0,0012870
    Length (mm) 440

Clear to see the parts are identical you want to drop your car or go for the slammed look you have the potential to get the car set up bang on to factory spec. Choose your own bespoke ride and control to achieve better car control.
    For in-depth alignment guide for the 8th Generation refer to this Wheel Alignment Specifications
    The choices of camber kit is limited at the moment I am sure this will soon change

Bones126 likes this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Bump to this thread, I see rear camber issues coming up a lot lately.

3. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Guys I no this is an old thread but I would like to sharing my experience with rear camber issues.
    After 1 year of ownership I had inside wear on my rear tyres so had a hunter alignment done and indeed I had negative camber.
    So after looking around for quite a wile decided to invest in the ingals kit below.Im now running Aspec and had a free Honda health check 2 days ago and this is the tyre wear on the sheet after 10 k.
    The kit I'm running on is below and well worth the extra money for good quality.Also the wear is bang on on the rear.35623 - Rear Camber/Toe Kit - Ingalls Engineering Co., Inc.

image.
    - - - Updated - - -
    BTW Beefy fitted this kit for me from HH

Bones126 and Ichiban like this.
  4. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Just to add to this thread CJ is bang on right about the suspension being the same in the saloon and tourer.
    I no friends on the Honda scene that has fitted BC racing coil overs on there tourers that are the same part numbers as the saloon and are a perfect fit.

5. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Is cost 2 x 204.18 dollars?

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I believe @Ichiban actually might have a set of these to sell on for the Tourer @tomwillie.

7. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    @Ichiban do you have a pair of camber adjusters for sale that would fit my 2.4EXi saloon, if so what is price?

8. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Just ordered a spare set from heel toe as you nether no if a set will fail.
    As they come from the USA there is about a 3 to 4 week turn around

9. H-Tune Performance Parts Trader

We've actually just set-up with Ingalls, and will be stocking them here in the UK soon.

We've sourced SPC versions for several people now though they're a bit more expensive. Hardrace produce a set as well but we haven't shifted any to date.

Unfortunately no cheap upper arm solutions for the CU2 like the CL9.

2.4 8thGen likes this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will put them on sale for you I would like 190 for them as I paid more than that and I will never get that money. I will post a few pictures. Thank Leo for the heads up.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  12. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    @Ichiban OK I'll buy those, I did post reply a few moment OK but it disappeared?

13. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
  14. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Honda dealer quoted £300 inc. Vat to fit adjuster arms & do four wheel alignment.
    However, Perfect Touch have estimated £130 inc. Vat to do same & come highly recommended by fellow 7th Generation Accord/S2000 owner. Cost of alignment £97.50 (1hr labour) fitting adjuster £32.50 (0.5hr labour)
    Perfect Touch Performance Ltd
    Unit G
    Bingley Road
    Hoddesdon
    Herts
    EN11 0NX

legend-ary and Ichiban like this.
  15. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    @Ichiban am interested in the quality of those SPC camber kit (I had some issues with the rear Ingalls kit so I was thinking to use SPC), have you had the chance to use such cambers on your car?

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi @dinoc those SPC camber arms are well put together and the bushes looked of very high quality, however on my car those arms needed to be modified for the ADAS sensors which is a shame.

I have now sold them to @tomwillie so when he receive them shortly he will be in a good place to advise their longevity and durability but can't see why they won't do well.

dinoc likes this.
  17. H-Tune Performance Parts Trader

Unfortunately SPC don't produce a lower arm set for the 7th Generation anymore, they were recently discontinued. However the upper replacement arm is still available (we sell Hardrace too), that trades having to deal with the lower arm issues for the upper arm bush perishing after normally a couple of years.

18. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Thanks for the info. But how about front lower adjustable ball joints (not arms)?

19. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Took car today to Perfect Touch in Hoddesdon, Herts. to have adjustable toe & camber adjusters fitted & alignment done at 44 k miles. First the proprietor Gabs Di Maggio took cat for test drive, looked at tyres then asked why I thought camber adjusters were required as alignment by Norton Way (NW) Honda 12 months before and just 4k miles showed camber within tolerance. I said the ns rear tyre is wearing at a slightly faster rate than os rear & wear on rears same as fronts whereas it should be less. Car also has a very slight camber sensitivity & steering has always felt "light" even after various alignments by NW Honda.

So in discussion with Gabs decided at this stage to not have toe & camber adjusters fitted.

Before doing the alignment they first checked the car out & found that right rear toe adjuster was jammed. Appears that similar type of cam adjusters as on S2000 are used on rear of Honda Accord 2.4EXi & but for sake of a dap of Silicon grease during manufacture this jamming could be prevented. I did not think the alignment would be out that much that it could not be corrected by twisting the bush so asked for alignment to be done anyway.

Results from Beissbarth Alignment Equipment:
    Initial left front individual toe -0 deg - 23' ie 3mm toe out & right front individual toe +0 deg - 19' ie 2.5mm toe in. Both now set at 0 deg - 00' ie parallel in mid range as they should be.

Initial left rear camber -1 deg - 38' & toe +0 deg - 42' (5.5mm toe in which is excessive). NS left individual toe now +0 deg - 07' ie 0.9mm toe in and camber now -1 deg 57' which is slightly greater than -1 deg 42' ideal max.
    Initial right rear camber -1 deg - 31' & toe -0 deg - 12' (1.5mm toe out, whereas limits are 0mm to 2mm toe in). OS right individual toe now +0 deg - 09' ie 1mm toe in and camber now - 1 deg - 30' so barely changed unlike left. The difference in cambers left to right is 27' which is less than recommended 30' so OK.

The left rear tyres have worn to 3mm on outermost groove to 4mm on innermost grove. The right rear tyres have worn to 3.5mm on outermost groove to 4.5mm on innermost groove. Thus in spite of always running with negative camber the tyres have worn more on outside. With vertical castor angle then negative camber & toe in tyres should theoretically wear more on inside, use a new rubber eraser to check it out.

I propose to monitor the tyre wear situation & decided if having camber adjusters fitted is worthwhile at same time as new tyres are fitted, I suspect not. The original Yokohama rear tyres just about lasted 30 k miles in hands of previous owner so cannot be much basically wrong with rear suspension non adjustable camber.

After the alignment adjustment by Perfect Touch the steering now fells more positive both on straights & bends & cambers sensitivity has gone. Will not be using NW Honda to do anymore alignments on my Honda's.

Can anyone explain what HTUNE are on about regarding bushes perishing after 2 years as my car has done 44k miles in 6.5 years & bushes are OK according to Perfect Touch inspection.

Last edited: Thursday 5th Nov, 2015