Aftermarket Kit Aftermarket Filters - HAMP

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by redefined_cycles, Wednesday 27th May, 2015.

1. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Was just browsing the @H-Tune website (after it being mebtioned by Leo and noticed they do summat called HAMP (JDM honda aftermarket parts) oil filters for my 2.4 accord y
    tourer. A bit of reading later it seems they are a percormance upgrade similar to OEM but give better oil pressures.

Anyone used these and are they any good. Currently using a mahle! Thoughts please people??

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Stock Honda blue filter are better personally they have been tested for hours not measured by cost. mahle well they are quality cr@p bud.

3. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Soz CJ. I wasnt asking if Mahle are good or crap. I was wondering regarding the HAMP ones. Maybe you have not tried them out but DD selling at his work place and wondered on what they were all about. Thanks for the feedback on the mahle though

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just sating what Mahle are like bud since you are using them, I don't need to use Hamp to make that distinction bud. I have plenty of experience on this subject from my days from Honda and R&D findings and testing on OEM blue filters. Hamp serves and market and type of Honda owner so on that basis it not the best thing out there as it sold by a person you know. I am making that distinction on facts not what my best buddy sells.

5. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that dude. Thats the info I was after. It stated on the HAMP info a good sales pitch you see and thought to confimr if I need to be ordering this or the sta dard OEM when chaging next... will be soon. Blue it is maybe...
    - - - Updated - - -
    So i take it. K and n filter. Quality crap again??

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bud you will always get people out there who will tell you anything which is not OEM has to be better than OEM. They know jack sh1t.

K&N again the marketing team spends millions in promoting but bottom line they offer performance gains but they offer worse filtration than OEM.

7. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Take your point. Very passionate indeed... i loke to have a bitore oomph from my drive you see and some aftermarket parts/upgrades are well spoken for and well reviewed with little to no problems. Take for example the k and n cod air induction kit or littlebos remap (both on my list for future mods) which everyone who has had them is raving aboit them... need to get a bit more oomph out of my 2.4 you see as in stock form, its not as exciting as the BHP/techsheet portrays...

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    LOl oil filter will not provide you any performance gains bud on a stock engine. Even on a tuned engine I would use a OEM filter or a S2000 OEM one.

9. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I don't know about the K24, but surely the OEM oil filter for the I-CTDI is actually made by Mahle (Mahle part number OX347D)?

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    As its entire subsystem is made by the Germans and German vendors Honda had little input into that.

11. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lol. Yes I know(regarding the oil filter). I was just pointing out that there is a certain amount of upgrades that are achievable above and beyond what Honda used as stock. Its simple marketing matey. A stock car cannot afford to be made wade with all top spec parts then aimed at the midrange market as 1, they cannot afford or 2 (if the price is low enough to make it affordable to the average income person) the company will go bust. This is true forost manufacturers in most industry with the exception of some manufacturers like Miele...

Thanks for your input though buddy

12. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I'm sure I've been told in another forum that hamp filters are Honda OEM but in the USA.

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    HAMP filters are manufactured by Toyo Roki, who even @Ichiban will acknowledge make the best Honda OEM filters. I've personally used UK sourced genuine filters on all my Hondas so far (Honeywell/Fram), my preference would be the JDM OEM (by Toyo Roki again) but honestly, it makes little difference - they're all made to Honda's stringent QC. Since my '07 is becoming heavily modified, mapped, and above stock rev limits I use an S2000 filter which is different than other OEM filters to deal with the high compression ratio of the F20C. If your car's bone stock, use a bone stock filter, about all you'll achieve between the worldwide OEM offerings and HAMP is minor differences in oil pressure, the filtration differences are negligible.

The HAMP filters were specifically designed with the Type-S and Type-R models in mind (originally as a high performance alternative for the DC5 launch if memory serves). There used to be a huge technical article on Honda Japan's website about them, though when I was looking the other day it looks like they've removed it and there's just generic info about HAMP products now. I'd use HAMP, I'd use any of the OEM - it's not something to get too caught up over.

I was saying to Scott the other day, I really want to see a conclusive panel test between HAMP and the various OEM filters - but my conclusion right now is you're not going to go wrong with any.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  14. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

DD. Thanks for that fella. Always lovely to hear from you mate. Reason why i was asking in the first place was cos I am in the process of getting the k/n CAI and littlebo remap shortly. thats about it though. Btw, new quartz wheels arriving today too from HH (just got the text)...

Nighthawk likes this.
  15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Look forward to seeing some shots of those wheels! By the way, I know they're not listed on the @H-Tune website yet, but we can get some really good deals on the K&N Typhoons if you haven't already purchased one :Smile:

16. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

DD. Please can you pm me a price and i will defo be interested. Cheapest i got to so far is around the 275mark so if h-tune can beat that then i would be interested in leaving a deposit whilst i save a few more pennies
    - - - Updated - - -
    Ps. The wheels arrived today. Gonna get down to fastfittires in dewsbury who state they have their german machines german calibrated fortnightly... looking good. Will try n post some pics soon