Aftermarket Kit aftermarket tow bar for tourer?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by cheeky_chops, Thursday 20th Dec, 2012.

1. cheeky_chops Banned ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

aftermarket tow bar v cycle racks for tourer?

Anyone got any experience of aftermarket tow bars? Would need to get one fitted to our tourer as we are planning to go biking alot more with our children now they are getting older.

Interested if removable is worth the extra, did you fit yourself, brand, did the bumper need cutting etc...

The alternative is a bike rack for 4 bikes that rests on the tailgate? Currently have a roof rack and don't want to go this route as its a PITA getting bikes up and 1 fell off last year!!! (my fault...)

cheers!

Last edited: Thursday 20th Dec, 2012
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi CC,

Have a look at this thread this is the Honda genuine accessories route (dead link removed by staff)

to carry four bikes safely on your car you will need two of the Bicycle Attachment - Easy Fit & Bicycle & Carrier for Trailer Hitch - RHD

Now you have to be realistic the cost of this even in aftermarket will be expensive as you need cross bars for the roof and tow bar before you can use these accessories. I would strongly recommend you don't use those strap on bike carries which go on the tailgate.

If your boys are travelling with you in your car the above is the only way , if they are travelling in mums car then you could get away with the roof racks and get the other two in the boot if you remove the front tyres.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 15th Feb, 2015
  3. cheeky_chops Banned ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You can't use two "Easy Fit & Bicycle Carrier for Trailer Hitch - RHD" - as they clip onto the tow bar!

You dotn say what issues you have with tailgate carriers? don't take it the wrong way, but I get the feeling you don't have any direct experience of this....

4. Nick Allen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a PCT tow bar fitted to my tourer, I have the ES GT and it does require a small cut to the very back of the rear bumper, but you can't see it unless you get on your knees... its a fixed flange type, I only use it for carrying bikes, with a Thule 943 euroride 3 bike tow ball mounted carrier, had it fitted by a local mobile fitter, did a neat job.

K & N Autocare

Last edited: Friday 21st Dec, 2012
  5. cheeky_chops Banned ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wow, you have 11000 posts and can't face the fact you know nothing on a subject? Youve just proven i know more than you on the subject - thats a cross bar carrier - this is the "trailer hitch". Clue is in the name "traier" "hitch" yes?

This attachment was lost due to a bug in our old forum software before launching Honda Karma.
    If you are the author of this post, please try and re-upload this image for future members.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    woah easy with the double posting sunshine !

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It clear you want to have scrap then seek help more interested in saving your face, With about the "trailer hitch" can you advise how you came to the conclusion the easy fit is for the tow bar? the pictures and link provided gives you the assertion it is .. hello!!

are you going to answer the question regarding tailgate or you more interested in creating an atmosphere! keep it civil or you are on your bike!!

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    where has my original post with the picture gone!

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Really !

806-3711.

Ok for argument sake I know sod on this subject , please lay out your experience in this area surrounding tailgate carriers and we will meet in the middle . Let see how your feeling or perception is changed for your bettermen

10. cheeky_chops Banned ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I pointed out you didnt you didnt seem to have any experience and you think i am trying to save face?

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Can you please Answer the question then .. they are not that hard question are they ? come on be a sport :Wink:

Why don't you go to Honda-access.com and look up the

1) Bicycle Attachment - Easy Fit

2)
    Bicycle & Carrier for Trailer Hitch - RHD

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is for Paul,

Bicycle Attachment - Easy Fit

Transport a bicycle on the roof of your car. The Bicycle Attachment - Easy Fit offers an easy fixation by providing a slot that keeps your bicycle upright and your hands free while you strap down your bicycle. Featuring anti-theft lock.

2.JPG

1.JPG

806-3711.

wow that fits on the roof can you belive that you still sure you know what you are talking about ?