General Afternoon All

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RobB, Monday 19th Aug, 2013.

1. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Everybody

Sorry I've been really quiet recently.
    Started a new job six weeks ago and been stupid busy. Clocking up over 4000 miles a month.

Had a scary incident last week, my works van front right tyre blew out at 70 on the M3.

First blow out I've ever had. Had to get from lane 3 to the hard shoulder very quickly.

Well things have calmed down now so I'll be around a lot more.

Might even have some time to spend on my Accord. (Oil change well overdue).

Attached Files:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Rob that is a catastrophic failure!! German van German tyres looks like the revenge of zee gerrrmans. I bet you pooed your backside that looks horrific. They say when you have a blowout never brake hold on to the steering and back off the accelerator it difficult to remember in a state of panic. Glad you are alright mate.

3. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Wow close call bud! Glad your ok and hope you didn't have the massive and sudden evacuation of your lower bowel CJ described
    Well done getting it of the road in one piece though

4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks lads. I could tell as it happened not to brake. It was the lack of steering that was really bad, the front end of the van was waggling left and right. You just have to fight it and get off the road, not so easy with a two ton van.

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You had lucky escape there dude.
    My VW Crafter decided this morning that it does not want to steer any more.
    Steering wheel sticking and very hard to turn so had to call VW assistance out and van is now in their van centre.
    Waiting to hear what's the damage.
    I gave him the keys and told him what I think about it.
    It came up in conversation what I drive he told me Honda will fall apart before it break down.

DeviateDefiant, Ichiban and SpeedyGee like this.
  6. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

These German vans are rubbish.
    Why don't Honda make vans.?
    Although if they did I'd be constantly moaning at my boss to get me one.

7. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Honda Acty van or pickup

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I remember this happened to me (drivers side rear tyre) on the M5 near Exeter back in 1991/2. Scary stuff. Especially in the Rover Metro 1.1 I was in...

Still remember the traffic cops who attended changing my wheel for me while I waited in their car (I was only 18 or 19 and somewhat shaken). They had to use a hammer to remove the old wheel as it had buckled on to the hub! Brilliant guys though, they really looked after me and I remember that and still appreciate it now...:GoodJob:

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Too small and too light take them over the M62 tops you will be blown away mate. They are ideal for the narrow service streets of japan.

exterior_image-02. exterior_image-03. color_image-01.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Rob I take it this Bavarian white bread box has been sorted and back on the road, How much did it cost to get it back on the road?