Bulletins & Advisories Air bag safety recall

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by DieselPower, Friday 27th May, 2016.

1. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I got a letter from Honda about this. They said they will contact again at some point to arrange a fix. The accord section has more detail.

Anyone else got a letter? Didn't think FR-V was part of the recall.

2. DrSam Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
  3. iceman2010 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Got a letter yesterday about this. They said they will contact again once replacement parts have been sourced.

4. Auto Ali Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ali London
    I got a letter as well airbag recall .

5. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    were these not resolved a while back? My Accord was done what feels like ages ago and I just got the same letter regarding the FR-V. Would've thought they'd be finished with these recalls by now...

6. Auto Ali Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ali London
    Just got the letter a few days ago, this is the second letter for a recall ,last time if I remember correctly is was for a sticky brake switch, local Honda garage sorted it in hour.

7. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    I'm now club member for this letter too.
    I wonder if there's a way to find out if mine has had other recalls previously.

8. yanw Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yan Gloucester
  9. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    I got my letter a couple of weeks ago..

Was surprised it wasn't mentioned when I had it serviced as the "check for recall" section had been ticked off.

10. kes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I find the letter made me slightly worried, now that I know there is a possible fault but a delay in fixing it. Before that I was blissfully unaware.

RobsyUK likes this.
  11. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I'm exactly the same, while driving today I was worried it'll just go off unprovoked.

Kinda wish Honda just sent the letter when they had stock and said book in ASAP.

my letter says drivers air bag. What are the chances of saying I don't trust xyz and want all changed?

@yanw I've just typed my VIN in and it shows NO recalls. Even though I have a letter??

Last edited: Thursday 16th Jun, 2016
  12. yanw Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yan Gloucester
    That's because they have not recalled the airbag yet, only told you they are going to when they get some stock ;-)

I suspect that when they do send you a letter you will have something on this check. However it shows any other recalls have been done.

RobsyUK likes this.
  13. kwacker Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom kwacker Liverpool
    Yes,got a letter today,saying that they would contact me when the part was available for my FR-V .

14. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

15. DrSam Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

16. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

It's a shame that there's not a switch to turn it off as legally it's classed as a safet device.

17. DrSam Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Can we not take out a fuse?

18. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I would imagine that they can't be disabled unless you physically remove the bag or connector.
    It's stupid considering its legal to have cars on the road without them fitted yet in your own car it's classed as unsafe to have them off.

19. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I think many car manufacturers do offer the option of atleast disabling the passenger bag but Honda believes that you might forget to turn it back off on. don't know if it is still the case but uptill a few years ago Merc refused to fit deadlocks to their cars as they say in an accident if the driver is unconscious then it will prevent others from leaving the car.

20. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've been in accident in an Accord, the airbags went off perfectly front and side impact. I didn't get hurt all, however, had they been disabled I would for sure have suffered some very serious injuries.