General Air con causes engine judder

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by peg leg, Thursday 11th Aug, 2016.

1. peg leg Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Anyone have thoughts on this.
    Car is a 2011 CR-V petrol auto.
    At idle the air con causes a juddering through the whole car, not serious, a passenger would not notice, but I feel it through the steering and seat.
    It's only really noticeable at idle, the engine idles at about 700 revs but it fluctuates up and down a bit
    Turn off the air con and I only know the engine is running by the tachometer .
    The air con works fine,
    I am aware that the air con is an extra load but apart from feeling it kick in I have never had this on previous cars.

I notice on this site there is an extended warranty on the air con but only up to 2010.

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Revs should rise in line with extra load, not drop.

3. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Get to a Honda dealer. You may be lucky and it's still covered

Nighthawk and legend-ary like this.
  4. peg leg Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I will head to the dealer ASAP
    Thanks for the help

5. peg leg Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Booked in Tuesday.

6. peg leg Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It is covered by the extended warranty on the Air Con,and will be for almost another year, but it was not the air con. They think it's normal to feel the air con and for the idle it fluctuate a little. They did show me that its not significantly different to a new car, but they have done something to the mountings and moved a Gear Change linkage that was touching the body, I'm not totally convinced but it seems a little better now..