HVAC Air Con Recharge Kits. Any One Used Them?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Accord_N22, Tuesday 19th Jul, 2016.

1. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi all.

Noticed today due to the extremely warm temperatures that my air con isn't as cold as it used to be.

It's still cold but not ICE ICE cold anymore.

Was planning to get it recharged but was wondering if anyone has used a similar kit like this before?

Just plug into low side valve and press trigger to recharge whilst observing the guage

Air Con Conditioning Top Up Recharge Refill DIY Kit With New Improved Trigger | eBay

Or should I stay away from such kits?

Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. edgarsdad New Member Getting Started

I did mine last week using the Halfords kit which I got for my Volvo 2 years ago, I needed a new canister of gas which was £30 but used less than half to fully re-charge the system.
    I found the whole process very simple, system blows nice and cold, will need it as we are driving down to Monaco for 2 weeks in August.

Good luck

Paul.

3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    It's pretty hit and miss regarding whether you get the right amount of refrigerant in the system but, more importantly, £43 isn't much cheaper (if at all) than having it done properly, so what's the point?

Nighthawk and chunkymonkey like this.
  4. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    My local air con guys charge between £40-50, that is full re-gas. Pump out old gas, vacuum check system, re-fill with gas and leak detect fluid, system check then in a couple of weeks a recheck. That was my local Halfords service centre and I watched them do it all on my old Laguna a couple of years ago.

So is a refill kit worth it? IMO no.

John

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Honda charged me £60 for a full regas a couple of years ago. Worth getting it done properly I would say.

6. Westman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Kings Lynn
    Hi All
    I had mine booked in to a local tyre centre for a regass .. When I got there there was a double booking..
    So I called my local Honda dealer its £45 same price as the tyre centre!!! No brainer I'll go with Honda and I'll always check the Honda price in the future
    JPR

Zebster and Nighthawk like this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    HH charged by 30 quid for a Aircon service which included a gas bomb. Most importantly filling the correct amount of refrigerant.

8. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    i just wish they were closer... the logo is getting a bit on the warm side

9. raza4 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

england
    As everyone else says a local place should do it for less than £40 and quite often the reason it's not working is something other than lack of gas.

Zebster likes this.
  10. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Nice one guys. Shall look at having it done locally at Honda perhaps or garages who have the proper equipment.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk