HVAC air cond pschitt whistle

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by ar1301, Monday 25th May, 2015.

1. ar1301 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

From some time I hear a pschitt whistle from the back of the dashboard when A/C is on. It is not permanent but appears very frequently such as every minute, and last about 10/20 seconds... while the air cond is working very well. It is not the fan for sure as this noise stops when air cond is off, and it does not occur whatever is the fan speed without A/C.
    I thought that this could be due to a lack of gaz. So I get it regazed but the pschitt is still there.

Any idea? thanks

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Have you checked your pollen filter ?

See this guide if you haven't Pollen Filter Change (Petrol)

There maybe some debri in there that is rating around and causing some noise.

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. ar1301 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you for your suggestion. My pollen filter is brand new, changed with the regazing...
    Indeed I beleive that the noise would occur with or without A/C if the filter was the cause, no?

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    True.

Have you had a listen in the engine bay when the A/C is on, to see if the noise is coming from the engine bay ?

5. ar1301 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi I have also checked: I do not listen this sound in the engine bay... only in the interior somewhere behind the dashboard