HVAC Air conditioning/climate control problem

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by leonard, Friday 16th May, 2014.

1. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    On my CR-V air conditioning/climate control does not seem to work ,
    I tried everything ,on the auto mode only blast air on full setting on recirculating mode but not any cold whatsoever .
    I tried it with Econ on and off no deference ,no cold air at all even after half a hour journey on hot cabin
    Is there any tip or trick how to use it?

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What is your temperature setting?

Have you tried the AC at 16C or on the "Lo" setting?

What model/spec is your CR-V??

3. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    yes I tried everything .
    I think that they forgot to fill it with gas in the factory.
    My CR-V is the ex model.

4. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Leonard,
    What engine and YM you own? It is the 2013 YM?

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Plausible, but would be very uniquely strange. What year is your car / what engine / transmission?

6. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    My CR-V is only six months old 2.0l I VTEC automatic EX model

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Not sure if the CR-V is the same, but my Accord has a sight glass for the A/C, under the bonnet.
    It gives an indication of system health.

AirCon sight glass.

8. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Take it back to your dealer to get it repaired under warranty.
    I take it that you do have the compressor switched on.

9. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The sight glass is traditionally to be found on top of the receiver/dryer canister which will be near the condenser matrix.

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I echo Quacker's comments - see the dealer and see what they suggest. It could be, as you say, something as simple as the system not being gassed. Either way, the car is new and will be rectified under warranty - theres no grounds at all for the dealer to be passive.

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Agree totally that it must be dealt with by the dealer.
    Just thought it may help to know what's wrong if possible.

12. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Thanks everyone ,I already booked with my dealer on wednesday to have a look at it together with gap on instrument panel on passenger side .
    All I wanted to know maybe there is a trick on it and not make myself fool.
    The other thing I tried and could not manage today on 60 miles trip to Brighton ,how to set the cruise control.
    I found it very frustrating and give up.

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

The guys with new CR-V's will help you on the cruise setting.

The Accord has a cruise power button which needs to be depressed to activate the system.
    There should be full directions in the Handbook ?

14. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

To activate cruise control, you have to press the "Main" button on the right hand side of the steering wheel, then use the +/- button (as in press it) and it will kick in. :Niceone:

Also, start a new thread and get some pics up of you car!!

15. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Must say that I've never given the cruise control a second thought and therefore cannot even describe how to use it. It just works [for me]. Totally intuitive. Works just like any other I'm aware of and I currently have four different brands of car with it fitted that I regularly drive.
    The new Ford had me puzzling for a second last night when I used it for the first time. It has an 'On' button to activate it but no indication that it is activated until the speed is set. Otherwise the same cursor type pad control as the Honda.

Maybe, just maybe, and going from the clue about your frustration with the cruise control, you should triple check that you do understand and have set the climate controls properly with the compressor switched on. The odds are that you have checked it all and that there is a small issue to be resolved at the dealer, but you never know. :Wink:

leonard likes this.
  16. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Do you set the cruise control when you are stoped or while you drive?
    Because I tried it while driving bur not luck.
    I am waiting for my sibeboards to install and a good wash , to show you some pictures.

17. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Look forward to your pics! What colour is the car?

Cruise control only works with the "Main" button switched on - a little speedo icon pops up on the dashboard/central computer display - and it only activates when driving. So for example, you are on a motorway at 65mph, you press the "Main" button and then the + or - button (labelled "Set") on the right had side of the steering wheel buttons, the car will set to that speed and you can increase/reduce speed in 1mph increments.

To cancel, you just press middle button on the right had side labelled "cancel".

18. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Thanks DK
    At last CC sorted and is working fine, but A/C not and with panoramic roof the car is like a greenhouse without climate control and I hate to have the windows down because the dust .
    I loved the CR-V on black but I hate to see my car dirty one day after cleaning , that's why I got it on alabaster silver and it looks good with dark windows.

19. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Tell me about it - I spent all day Thurs/Fri cleaning it - now it looks like its had a midnight adventure on some sand dunes!

Thankfully easy to wipe off, but a nuisance nonetheless. Silver is best!

I've noted on other threads about how stupid and useless the panoramic roof is. It wouldn't be so bad if it actually opened. In the US, the CR-V there has a proper sunroof (or not at all). I think I have opened the panoramic roof about 3 times in the year that I have had the CR-V. Its a redundant and useless feature.

Let us know how you get on with the A/C issue.

20. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@TheDarkKnight , I saw a picture of a CR-V with a sunroof in the front and another in the back.
    Do they both open and have slide shades ?