Pre-Facelift Model Air Conditioning

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ray Ambrose, Wednesday 19th Jun, 2013.

1. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    My car is 4 and a half years old and the air conditioning isn't working as well as it did. Or am I imagining it? Would changing the fluid make it work better? Thanks...

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When did you have it serviced last time? I service air con once a year and it work fantastic.My car is also 4 and a half years old.
    Maybe a clean and recharge is all its need.

3. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    How much do HH charge for air con service recharge etc?

4. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    why don't you give them a call?

5. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    My car is always serviced by Honda at whatever service intervals they require. But never had any advice or info about changing the air conditioning fluid... Of course if I was to mention it, they would agree about changing it, it's work for them. But I'm not armed with that gadget that measures output air temperature. Anyway, thanks for the advice...

6. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Does anyone have an idea as to what algorithms go behind the 'Auto' button on the climate control?

A recent aircon service has meant that the aircon is working great but I'm curious to know how and when it decides to do what.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I would assume that there are a few temp sensors dotted around the cabin and the AC kicks with strength proportional to the difference between desired temp and temp sensed in cabin.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  8. mikey77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes. Have a nice day...

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    On the 8th Generation it looks at the GPS locator to for the sun position accordingly regulates the temperature in tandem with internal and external sensors.

For rapid cooling it closed air circulation until the temperature is met for the sensors to open recirculation automatically.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    All Brand news accord are slightly overcharged at the factory approx 560-565 grams and with a natural loss rate of approx 30-50 grams of gas every year. So on your 4 year old car you would have lost 200 grams of gas.

So you ideally would need a full system vacuum and top up on a 4 year old car to get maximum benefit.

Try to use aircon atleast 20 minutes every week in winters to lessen the gas loss.

11. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Thanks IchibanAccord,

I have noticed that recirculation opens after a certain amount of time whereas in other cars with climate controls they stay closed (I might be wrong). Is there an efficiency aspect to keeping recirculation open?

If I then decrease the CC temperature, it closes again perhaps for the very reason you state above.