General Air filter change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eck, Saturday 8th Oct, 2016.

1. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

If the standard air filter was replaced with something like a KN style in a new Jazz would some change be required in the ECU or whatever part of the electronic system due to changed airflow?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No it won't need a ECU reset , TBH save your money that K&N will do sod all on that anaemic engine.

3. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

That sounds about the answer I would expect regarding this engine.
    Overall the car is good but Honda have just not done the right thing for this initial release of the car - should have the 1.5ltr engine used elsewhere and then put out an economy version

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You heard this first here when the 10th Generation Civic comes here the 4th or the 5th Generation Jazz will get the 1.5 turbo engine (185 BHP) in it with the RS tagging. Well you can leave these pesky bolt ons.

upload_2016-10-8_22-2-48.

legend-ary likes this.
  5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I wouldn't bother with a KN filter too.

Agree with Honda being late with the choices and all, why do they take ages to get models out, by the time the 1.5l is out it'll probably be ending the end of life with that generation. That RS does look tasty though. I saw a 2nd Generation Jazz Si the other day in red, it looked superb, so much so it got me looking at them on AutoTrader, but then I saw the engine range and it ended there, why make a sporty looking trim like that and not fit a decent performance engine?
    - - - Updated - - -