Off-Topic Air Freshener

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Friday 22nd Jan, 2016.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Just wondering what air fresheners people use? I'm not a big fan but use the Simoniz Odour Kill spray every now and then. Sometimes a Magic Tree black ICE.

2. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    I use new car smell air freshener, its the closest I'm going to get to a new car these days !

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I use magic tree as well but whichever is the cheapest mainly because I have yet to find one which I really like that lasts longer than a week or so...
    One thing interesting I noticed was I could smell more of the freshener when air is set to cold than when heater is running..

4. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Good old magic tree, been out since the 70s - where most people go wrong is they completely remove the plastic bag. Your supposed to only open it at the top then pull the tree out half n inch. Looks pants though that's why we take it out of the bag and it doesn't last long.

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

yeah but the plastic won't stay on for long plus where on earth can you put it? in the door pocket?

6. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    I agree they look terrible hanging from the mirror, I don't know if you can still get them but I used to use granuals that you filled the ash tray with. Obviously you could open/close to control the stink.
    The best for me is the spray they advertise on the TV who's name escapes me, just spray on fabric seats, carpets etc, lasts ages and a bottle would last years.

7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

find me the name!!!

8. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Is it frabeeze ? Something like that. On the add they spray on bedding, sofas etc. I used a commercial type when I was a valeter to rid cars of smelly dogs, smokers and oap s etc lol.

Harvey and Zebster like this.
  9. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Aghhhh... Air fresheners!

Other than masking a stinky dog, why would you need one?

10. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    I used to have to clean grey imports, they love a fag do the japs. One of my team actually passed out cleaning the head lineing . Pure nicotine running down your arms, I can still smell it today.
    Incontinent mobility cars is another reason you may need a car smelly lol

Harvey likes this.
  11. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    I always thought a doughnut scented one would help when stopped by the police, haven't found one to try it though.

Zebster likes this.
  12. Kash Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Kash Nelson
    Farts?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Magic tree man myself.

13. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I get the Ambipur/ Fabreeze ones that they sell in Halfords they clip into the vent and are very similar to the electric plug ins you get for the house.

what I did last time is I kept 2 of the glass bottles that go in the car one (which are about 4 quid each) and then went out and bought one for the house plug in, that had enough to refill the two car ones, and hey presto cheap car fragrance

14. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Tight was lol.

Harvey likes this.
  15. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Meant tight wad, I hate prodictive texts lol and before you ask no I don't know how to turn it off lol.

Harvey likes this.
  16. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lol, I know what you meant. It just depends on how flush I feel at the time on whether I buy 2 proper ones or refill, and where there are any scents I like.

17. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I stopped buying air fresheners some time ago, they are all a waste of money, the smell barely lasts a week on them which makes them expensive for what they are. I just dab some lavender oil on the pollen filter when I change it, which lasts around a week :lol: my car doesn't smell of anything so its pointless anyway.

18. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    I wonder with smellies it may be similar to when we put on aftershave, i can't smell it after five mins. But beautiful women keep attacking me ( i wish lol )

Harvey likes this.
  19. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I don't know, I've tried so many, I've bought california scents, jellybelly, liquid based fragrance etc, jellybelly lasted the longest in the gel form, the rest are useless, the liquid version of it lasted 3 days before the liquid finished, worst £3 i have ever spent! I drive my car usually only in weekends, so I'm not exposed to the smell everyday, and when the smell is still fresh you can smell it, the jellybelly's have a really strong smell you can smell it from the outside when the doors are open, so I don't think its a case of getting used to the smell, there just not designed to last very long.

20. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    As said cos bumps previous owners didn't know how to use ashtrays it still stinks after two years !
    As I've got cloth seats, I use fabreeze, just squirt it everywhere ( fabric ) and when anyone sits down they kind of reactivate it. Works out cheap and lasts years.