Intake System Air Inlet Ducting for '86 Aerodeck Injection

Discussion in '3rd Generation (1986-1989)' started by Monzta, Friday 19th Apr, 2013.

1. Monzta Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Glenn Sherborne, Dorset
    I've recently bought an Aerodeck after years of hankering after one. It's honest but scruffy and will I'm sure be a 'work in progress' for a long time to come. So I'll be popping in looking for parts quite often I think.

To get the ball rolling, the first part I need is the ducting that takes air to the air filter box. It's missing on my car and I find the hot air that builds up under the bonnet is making the engine run poorly when the car is stationary.

If I can track down the missing bit of pipe and the associated clips etc then I think the old girl will run a lot more cleanly.

I've arrowed the two parts in question in the image below.

MissingDucting.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and welcome these cars are very rare now and really thin on the ground so scrap yards will be like a needle in a haystack.

The only option would be ring around honda dealers to check if anyone has it in their dead stock. You will be surprised what dealers still have in their dead stock.

Don't expect these parts to be cheap thou.

3. Monzta Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks very much for the welcome and the advice.

By the power of the internet I posted this request on a few Honda forums and within minutes the parts I needed were found in the very next town to where I live. All for the princely sum of £10.

Don't you just love the tinterweb? :OTT:

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    well done mate power of the internet indeed.

5. Monzta Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well I'm sure I'll be back again and again as I get this car back to fighting fit and attempt to keep it running towards and into its 4th decade.

6. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I love these old Aerodecks, always liked them but never been lucky enough to own one, I look forward to a project thread:Smile:

7. Monzta Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm not too sure about a project just yet ... maybe a gentle rolling resto. :Wink: