HVAC air vent question

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by v6Echo, Saturday 7th Dec, 2013.

1. v6Echo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi fellow KB1 owners. Maybe I need to study the handbook a little closer & this is a dumb question but here goes:
    When I have the climate control on auto, warm air is only comming from the right hand dash vent & not the one to the left of the steering wheel. If I use the manual setting & choose floor & dash vents, then they both produce warm air. Is this normal? I would like to have two warm hands & I'm not one for wearing driving gloves. At least not yet anyway!
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    don't have a KB1 myself but it sounds like you have "dual" mode selected, ie passenger can have different temp setting to the driver. This option is on the Accords, I assume it is on the KB1 also. Look for the "Dual" switch and make sure it is off.
  3. v6Echo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Interesting thought SpeedyGee, however I tried switching it from/to dual mode & it made no difference. I did notice that if I raise the target temperature, then air does flow from the vent. So maybe not a fault but designed to work like that. I'm not going to pull it apart or lose any sleep over it. Thanks for your input, it is appreciated.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This can also been seen on all Honda cars with climate control as standard. Legend having a far superior and advance system will exhibit the symptoms you are seen on a low gas situation.

I would get the car booked in for a aircon service bud.
  5. v6Echo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks CJ. It is due for a service early next year. I have never been one for neglecting the aircon service on my cars so I will get it done then. I have only had the car since August & it may not have been done before that. I'll let you know if that improves things.
  6. blade981 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Read somewhere that the system can allow for the sun heating one side of the car,so it will cool that side whilst keeping the other side the same temp-could this be at fault perhaps...only the sun is not that strong at this time of year.....
    cheers will
  7. v6Echo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks will, I'd forgotten about that feature & I'll keep it in mind as it may be having an influence. These cars are too clever for their own good!:Smile: