HVAC aircon problem

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Nav, Wednesday 30th May, 2012.

1. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have more problem with my accord.. :Frown: I had three Civics and never had a problem with a single one... new cars and all these electronics...:sigh:

No the problem: i have dual control and on the passenger side its colder to the driver side.. any idea y that is.. both is set to Lo on the temperature...
    HH recently fixed a coolant leak, didnt have hot air while the car is stationary only at high revs...got that fixed and now this..

Is this one of of those common faults...:Sobbing:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    When was the pollen filter changed and when was the last time the system was recharged ?

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

99% chance it wants a re-gass, mine did this last year and you could feel the difference passenger side was alot colder than the drivers. Popped to Honda had it re-gassed and all has been fine however 12 months later and its started the same again. Never had a problem with my 10 year old Civic it was ICE cold all the time and certainly never needed to get it re-gassed every 12 months.

With mine it needs to be really hot outside ie 20 degrees+ to notice it. I always leave mine set to Auto so it can't of leaked due to lack of use (CJ any ideas?)

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dave,

I just had a memory flash way back in 2005 I did see a Honda article regarding diesel Accord and how to troubleshoot the aircon fault .What caught my eye then was it only affected the diesels.

I will see what I can find bud.

5. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I tot it might.. every 12 months.. yikes...

You have to be kidding...again with the only diesel.. boy did i make wrong decision or what...

so far... the things went wrong..
    Clutch
    DMF
    Navigiation..
    and now Air con..
    i hope it stops soon..

6. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a major 100k service at HH.. i am guessing it was changed then..

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have always said Japanese car with European parts massive fail they just don't work. Two completely different philosophies which are poles apart.
    Sorry to be blunt but that's the honest truth and that one the reasons I will never buy a Honda diesel until it has a higher percentage of Japanese vendors.

8. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

lesson hard the hard way...:'(

9. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Get it re-gassed mate that should sort it, I don't know why mines started playing up again tho :Frown: It shouldnt need gassing every 12 months unless there is something wrong with it, mine can't have a bad leak otherwise it would have packed up all together by now infact I suspect even only the slightest of leaks over 12 months would have made it stop working by now but its still kicking the compressor in and still blowing cold air so I dunno :Frown:

10. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i think i will try a regas and see what happens..cheers guys

11. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good luck Nav
    Hope this is last of your problems with the car and you can finally start to enjoy it.

12. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have to say the Accord is the most luxury and comfortable car i ever had and the most i have spend on a car to get things put straight.. but i still enjoy the ride.. only if can get my nav fixed then it will be ALLLLL GOOOD.. thas one thing i am really gutted about this car.. replacing it with a new one out of question... no way i am spending 6k and looking for a second hand part with the correct serial number.. well thas not going well...

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You will find a replacement console bud it will take time .. if we were in 2006 now I would have told you get on the phone to Honda customer relations they would have 99% approved the console change.

You have no chance of it now 6 years later. Accord are superb cars I just wished all Diesel owners took time to researched the I-CTDI before buying the cheapest diesel car out there.

They are cheap for a reason:Aghast: