Off-Topic Alan Rickman

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nels, Thursday 14th Jan, 2016.

1. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I really do not like 2016. We are only two weeks in and another great British talent is gone.

Alan Rickman's acting ability was superb. He made you believe he really was the character he was playing. That is something very few actually achieve.

Emma Thompson said,
    "His capacity to fell you with a look or lift you with a word. The intransigence which made him the great artist he was - his ineffable and cynical wit, the clarity with which he saw most things..."
    and,
    "He was, above all things, a rare and unique human being and we shall not see his like again."

I couldn't agree more.

Alan Rickman.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just watching Die Hard on Sky Movie. They say things happen in three's Lemy,David Bowie and now Alan.. who is next?

RIP Alan.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Good question, but I don't want to know the answer.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Every soul has to taste death unfortunately.

There was very heavy traffic on the M42 and M40 heading South this morning. As I got onto the M40 South, I realised there was absolutely no traffic at all flowing the other way. Just passed J16 I saw that they had dropped like 4 porta-cabins in a row in the third lane of the motorway and there were a fair few people scrolling about with torches, they seemed to be examining the road, they didn't look like workmen. Anyway when I got to work, after speaking to a few people and checking the internet I came to know that there had been a fatal accident.

Later on in the evening when I got home, I checked my phone and one of my friends was saying in a WhatsApp Group that he had lost a very dear friend who was in his early 20s to a car accident on the motorway this morning. Putting 2 and 2 together I asked if this had happened on the M40. He replied yes it had. So this poor young lad, driving in the early hours of the morning some how lost control of the car and ended up rolling the car off the motorway and into a ditch, such a tragic loss of life for someone so young. RIP young man.

Last edited: Friday 15th Jan, 2016
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The news about Alan Rickman is very sad. Radio 5Live played an interview they did with him last year early this morning - what a talent he was.

The human mind and memory is a funny thing. I have particularly fond memories of him, because in my first year at University I took a girl to see 'Truly, Madly, a Deeply' for a first date.

It's a very fond memory - thanks, Alan, and RIP.

"Cancel Christmas."

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Very true.

David Bowie and Alan Rickman would have known their days were numbered. So would their loved ones. Whilst they had time to deal with it, they also had to endure what cancer brings.
    The people in the car didn't have the pain of cancer, but have had their lives cut short in such a tragic way.

Death is waiting for all of us. We cannot avoid it. For me, it's how we live our life that really counts.

7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    A girl at work said yesterday "at least his death will take the pressure off David Bowie" :Nuts:

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    What the ??

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:Aghast:
    Be careful there's nothing contagious with that.

10. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

My immediate response to stupidity like that would have been.... 'So David Bowie is less dead than he was yesterday... good to know'... in my most sarcastic voice.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds