General alarm autopsy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by motorbikelover, Sunday 7th Feb, 2016.

1. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom david mee mansfield notts
    haveing had a problem with my alarm i decided to take a look at it. if you read the first thred you will know the alarm went off and would not reset i took off the battery terminal but it carried on due to the back up battery in the siren however this went flat after about 5 mins. i left the battery off over night and re connected the next day all was well however i do not want this to happen again as my wife drives the car as well. today i decided to take the siren out of the back for now till i decide what to do next. had to remove rear deck and O/S rear panel only tools required were 10mm socket and trim tool but a wall paper scraper will do.only problem i had was the tie down hooks and how to remove them so i have put a picture in so YOU know. with the panel off the siren is in the inner wing with the nuts easy to remove from the out side and go up from below the subwoofer and pull it out the cable has a lug on the plug you pull up to release it and there you have it (picture enclosed) IT,S made in italy why ??. so what next i have read there is a way to replace the battery ?. buy new £250 or second hand £25 (how long will it,s battery last) or leave it off bearing in mind i did not pay a lot for this car. i read a thred on google that i found by accident from a honda expert and he did decribe the problem i had to the letter and say it is a very common problem and is nearly allways the back up battery and the only cure it replace or remove and leave off (may affect your insurance IF they found out) this work was all done on the tourer model so the saloon may be different and i do have many more pictures if anyone wishes to see them.

2016-02-07 12.50.59. 2016-02-07 12.21.37. 2016-02-07 12.21.16.

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 11th Feb, 2016
  2. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi dead easy to strip and remove battery JUST need to find a new one :jumpup:

Attached Files:

3. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    I'm 99%?sure you can't source these battery's but you can try normal rechargeable batteries of the same voltage and mAH

Last edited: Sunday 7th Feb, 2016
  4. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Been on the net looking seems to be a bit of a closed shop this IS a big problem with Civics to I think mr Honda is avoiding a known fault in the Honda range at our expense and I hate that so much in fact I feel like exchanging mine for a fiat punto well maybe not l am thinking house alarm battery placed remotly in the back of the car and wired in

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Can you post the dimensions please, height, width, length of that battery pack ?

6. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi @SpeedyGee spec lenth 75mm width 30mm hight 12mm there are 6 batteries in the pack each battery is a gp nimh 250bvh button cell total volts 7.2 250mAH. if you put gp 250bvh batterys in to google it throws up a few sites that do these and at least 1 who will make up packs. i will try to contact them and see if it is possable to have some made.

7. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi all do we have any one good with electrics because. i have been trying to find a battery for the alarm siren on my 7th Generation accord haveing got the battery out of the case i have visited and contacted some sites who do cell batteries that maybe compatable. i have found one that should fit and is the same voltage of 7.2 volts however the battery in the siren is 7.2 volts 250mah were as the replacement batteries would be 320 mah.would the extra 70 mah cause any problems.the battery only costs £7.50 and if it works is a lot cheaper than £300 for a new siren or not having one and voiding your insurance .

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

250mah means the battery can flow 250 milli amps of energy in an hour.

So the 320mah battery is just that bit more capable.

I can't see there being any issue with this at all.

Nels likes this.
  9. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi @SpeedyGee i will order one and see if it fits ok and reinstall the siren and try it. at the end of the day if it were just my car i would just leave it in the bench and not bother but there will be more than just me so i will use it as a test which may benefit others. by the way took mine to have the auto box noise diagnosed it,s the taque converter.he drove the car and gave it a good test and said the box was fine but the taque is noisy and may last a week or 5 years. he said he has never had to do a honda accord box yet and in general all jap auto,s are very reliable. taque is around £300 exchange. all so bought front wishbone bushes today from honda £44 pair.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

David, that's some good info there but could I make a small criticism, could you please try to use proper punctuality, start new sentences with capitals, use full stops (which you do) and break up the text into paragraphs.

Otherwise it's darn hard to read.

Nels likes this.