1. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom david mee mansfield notts
    motorbikelover submitted a new guide:

alarm battery replacement - honda accord tourer k24

Check the full guide here.

sc489, Simes and jimjams like this.
  2. JapCar Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    How did you realize the battery need to be replaced?

3. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi I was going to work very early one morning unlocked with the remote and the alarm went off and would not stop no matter what I tryed so I disconnect the car battery but the back up battery in the alarm took over but only lasted a few minits suggesting it was weak I replaced the battery and the problem has gone away and has been no trouble since fingers crossed hope this helps

4. sc489 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Do all 7th Generation Accords have this backup alarm battery? My 2006 Accord SE doesn't have an ultrasonic alarm and the horn sounds the alarm (not a siren as mentioned in your guide). There is no mention in the handbook of a backup battery.

5. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks like your car has a different system I do not know if your car has a back up system battery. Your a bit lucky if you do not have an ultrasonic as I cannot lock my car when the dogs in I will have to sell the dog try the forum to see if any one can help

6. sc489 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I just looked at the 2006 brochure for my Accord SE Saloon which only has a "perimeter security alarm". The higher spec models ( EX & Type-S) have an "interior and perimeter alarm (CAT1)". Does anyone know if the SE model having the basic perimeter security alarm has a backup battery?

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I don't know the answer but can you test it by triggering the alarm then disconnecting the main battery, see if alarm continues to sound?

8. JapCar Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My car is 2007, Executive and has siren in the boot but never tried it. 20151030_141307.

sc489 likes this.
  9. sc489 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You should be able to disable the ultrasonic alarm. Page 301 of my handbook says "You can set the security system without activating the ultrasonic sensor. Remove the ignition key, push the lock tab down with the driver's door open, then close the door. The security system indicator on the instrument panel comes on for 3s, then starts blinking."

10. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that I'll give it a go still sooner sell the dog though

11. sc489 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Is that the rhs side of the boot in the photo and is it a Saloon or Tourer? What's the horrible brown / burnt patch on top right of the photo?

12. JapCar Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes it is driver side, Saloon. The brown patch is from previous owners, probably heating for dent repair...

13. sc489 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The guide in post 1 indicates the backup battery is part of the siren assembly. I don't think the SE version has the backup battery since this model doesn't have the ultrasonic alarm and my car doesn't have the siren shown in the photo in post 8. I also looked up the parts on Lings Honda and see the combined Ultrasonic & Siren Kit is an add-on for the SE. There may of course be a backup battery hiding somewhere!
    Alarm Kit.JPG