Electrical & Lights Alarm doesn't arm - any ideas?!

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by talurve, Saturday 6th Jun, 2015.

1. talurve Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

talurve Kent
    Well I've solved my initial indicator problem - friendly car audio bloke managed to wrestle the ICU from beneath the dash and got the relays replaced so I've now got both indicators working, hurrah!
    Problem now is ... the alarm doesnt arm! Central locking works fine but indicators don't flash when I lock and the alarm doesn't set. Friendly audio bloke has taken ICU back out for relay people to check they haven't blown it up (they say it checks out ok) but still no alarm. Car audio bloke is flummoxed - can any of you lovely forumites help with any ideas please?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Was everything plugged back in correctly, all the connectors seated correctly ?

Do indicators and hazards all work as they should now ?

Was the board circuitry checked whilst you had it out ? We have seen dud/bad solder joint issues on these boards. Perhaps a bad solder joint was disturbed whilst you had the board out.

Have read through this thread for some insight into this Electrical & Lights - Honda FR-V Indicators Faulty

@laurentjanot and @DieselPower any more advice to offer @talurve on this issue ?

3. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good effort in getting the relays replaced. Certainly the cheapest option. But the alarm only stopped Working after the ICU had been touched, so something has gone wrong. Possibly the heat from the soldering has damaged the circuit. I would just get a used working ICU and be done with it.

I tried replacing the relays myself but my Central locking stopped working.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm pretty convinced that these boards are multilayered PCBS and that attempted to desolder relays and solder new ones in, ends up causing shorts in the PCB layers. Next time someone has one out, if they could post a close up picture of the side of the PCB we maybe able to confirm if this is the case or not.

5. talurve Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

talurve Kent
    Thanks guys. My auto-electrician, who has now conveniently gone on holiday, told me that he was told the micro-processor was faulty when he picked up the ICU from the company who replaced the relays (BBA-Reman). I've phoned them and they deny all responsibility and have suggested it's the wiring to the ICU so maybe I'll quote the "shorts in the PCB layers" line when I email them next!