Electrical & Lights Alarm help

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by colinkick, Thursday 24th Apr, 2014.

1. colinkick Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I am having issues with my remote alarm system on my accord executive. The remote will only lock/unlock if right up against the drivers side window. This affects both key fobs even though I have replaced the batteries. I have had the fob range checked by my local mechanic and he suggested this was fine. I have also checked the car battery and this appears strong. My mechanic gave me a reset procedure which I have also followed. I would really appreciate some advice as it is a real inconvenience. I have read a few bits on MICU units etc and was hoping someone could give me its location so I could check everything was connected ok. I am having no other issues, the car seems to arm and disarm, it is just the range that has dropped to nothing no matter where its parked.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Have you got a HDS or a scanner to see what DTC are held on the car? it mate be the fobs need to be re-paired , other possibilities are the keyless entry module is weak its the one with the green connector.You will need a good one to test the theory.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    If you do take the Keyless Entry Module out, check the part number. I have a spare one about in my garage. Its from a Honda Civic though.

4. colinkick Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi there,
    I haven't got a HDS unfortunately. I will check the green connector and also try and do the re-pairing. Is this when you turn the ignition on/off in a sequence whilst pressing buttons on the fob? If so, I have already tried this but am willing to try it again. I should also mention that it works faultlessly if sat in the car so it definitely appears range related
    Thanks for the reply

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    re-pairing will need to be done via HDS with the imobiliser code which is ONLY avaialble via dealers.