Electrical & Lights Alarm Siren location

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by diro, Monday 18th Jul, 2016.

1. diro Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dan Norwich
    Just wonder if someone knows where is alarm siren located in CR-V 3rd Generation? Few days ago the alarm started messing about and getting off randomly. don't want to disturb poor neighbours at night.
    I know the trick with the disconnected bonnet sensor but it didnt work for me. Alarm still goes off. Next step is tailgate but i don't have too many illusions and thinking to unplug siren after its being located.
    Diagnostics tool MaxiSys pro not a great thing for hondas unfortunatelly and could not help me with codes/logs to identify what triggers the alarm system
    Thanks for the help

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. diro Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dan Norwich
    Thanks for the link ichiban. My battery is ok its 3 months old. I assume there is a glitch in the system. Could be 1 of the sensors messing about but don't know which one. Can be tailgate, doors or whatever. Or even siren which I am looking for. Also thinking to find alarm control module and unplug it but not sure if other security systems still will work
    - - - Updated - - -
    Besides alarm goes off only when car is locked

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    it has to be sensor related get the codes read.