Electrical & Lights Alarm sounding, but no hazard lights and engine starts/runs.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by rayhoop, Friday 7th Jun, 2013.

1. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    Hi All,

My wife called me earlier as the Accord was playing up.
    She pressed the unlocked button on the key fob - the alarm disarms as normal.
    She opens the door and the alarm siren goes off... but no flashing hazard lights, and the engine starts/drives as normal (albiet with the alarm going off).
    The alarm can be turned off by closing the door and locking the car again.

She has tried both key fobs, and same result.

Could it be the low battery voltage issue as mentioned in: http://hondakarma.com/threads/110/

However - the battery is only approx 1 year old and exceeds the minimum requirement of Ah/CCA etc...

She carried on with her journey - alarm sounded for first 3/4 of a mile then stopped going off and it has been fine since (touch wood). If it breaks down we have AA cover, so she is happy taking the risk today (as she has no choice today).

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think the battery voltage must have been low and come up after driving for a bit.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup pretty much as Rob has indicated a discharged or low volts battery will throw the alarm into a state of confusion. You may want to charge the battery overnight bud that will cure it.

I hook up my cars to an external charger twice a month for a good 24 hours to maintain the battery in a good state. The alternator cannot always sustain a healthy battery.

BTW a fully charged battery will last longer than an always undercharged battery :Wink:

4. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    Just a quick update - I did nothing to try and fix it. In fact, I probably drove the car less often shortly after...

The problem did re-occur when I visited my parents house a few days later, the alarm actually sounded like it died (as the tones slowed down and went quiet till it stopped). After that the car still fired up fine, and the car has been working as normal since... no false alarms etc. Odd...

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Alarm is sick and tiered of screaming ..as no one listens.:Rolf:

6. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I reckon your backup battery has given up in the siren. That's why it slowly died.