Electrical & Lights Alarm

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by RobsyUK, Friday 12th Aug, 2016.

1. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    I have the standard Honda alarm and am hoping there's an easy work around for the issue I have...

The car locks and unlocks fine.
    If it's a hot day I like to leave the windows open to reduce the heat inside. - I can see my car from my chair so not bothered about anyone stealing it.

Well, I don't think it used to but recently with the windows open the alarm will go off after 5 mins. Even if I leave it unlocked.

Have I done something to make it set while unlocked? What if I left a dog in it?

2. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    I'm not sure if this suggestion covers all the contingencies above, but on the 7th Generation Accord you can get round this by locking the car using the interior lock and then shut the door (with the handle out). That sets the alarm without enabling the ultrasonics.

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    What happens if you only lock the car with the keys in the door and not use the remote? Surely that wouldn't enable the audible alarm.

4. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

if the 1st Generation FR-V is like the 7th Generation Accord, locking the door with the key sets the alarm, yet unlocking the door with the key does not unset the alarm - something which can be very annoying on the 7th Generation Accord

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    oh right.. 7th Generation Civic/2nd Generation Jazz both can be locked with just the key without activating the alarm.

6. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

as it should be in the 7th Generation Accord ....if those Honda bods had done the job properly

but no idea whether the 1st Generation FR-V is same as 7th Generation Accord or not

7. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I will try both locking with the inside lock & with the key.

If it works wicked.

8. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

RESULT!
    As @jimjams said if I lock the door from the inside but hold the handle open while closing it doesn't set the alarm.
    If I use the key fob or the key in the door it sets the alarm.

I was having a play while polishing the car.

Bones126 likes this.
  9. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think that it just disables the ultrasonics when you do it that way, but the description of the alarm system on the Honda ESM for the 7th Generation Accord suggests that the alarm should not be set when the doors are locked using the key. Yet everyone with a 7th Generation Accord has so far confirmed that it does set the alarm. I wonder if there is an undocumented link or a software setting somewhere than will make the alarm system behave "normally".

10. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Well done mate, that one had me baffelled too.