Daily Driver Alexis

7th Generation (2003-2008) vehicle added by bravedrop6, Wednesday 16th Dec, 2015

1. bravedrop6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Australia Julio Brisbane
    bravedrop6 added a new Honda to the garage:

Alexis

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. bravedrop6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Australia Julio Brisbane
    Bought this car in 2013 with just over 100,000kms, was well looked after owned by an elderly gentleman who had no use of it and recently had got hail damaged repaired on it. Took a risk buying it but got it at a steal for only 7k considering the condition of the car. Since my ownership I've really wanted to re image the car into what I believe the performance version of the car should be, got some expensive plans but for the moment she's only got a few mods I've put on. After buying I realised the brakes on the car we're great but beginning to shudder a lot. so not long after I invested in brand new DBA T3 slotted rotors all around with some QFM HPX pads, real popular here in Australia. With those in the car's braking made it feel much more confident driving at higher speeds. Not long after this I got a grom audio harness that hooks up to the rear external cd player in the stock headunit which gave me bluetooth and ipod connectivity. But for the last year been enjoying the car, one of the second cars I've ever owned, first being a Camry, really astounded at the feel and handling of the car considering it's FWD. I really wanted to button down the car down more so I invested in some Function Form Type 2 coilovers, after hearing some good reviews, despite some dodgy units they've produced. They've been on the car for the last 10,000km and are really nice, softer setting is almost like factory, still a bit stiff, 12kg front and 6kg rear, but amazing handling and grip when I combined them with Bridgestone Potenza tyres.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's top stuff @bravedrop6.

Please do post of pics of the brake and suspension mods when you get chance.

4. bravedrop6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Australia Julio Brisbane
    A few months ago I lined up a new job in retail, finally got out of the hospitality industry and I've taken a year off studying my uni degree to save up some money and mod her. Considering these plans I will likely keep the car for a long while. I've managed to get some parts, from part outs in America of people who were attempting to modify their TSX's, the US version of this car I believe. So far I've got a whole bunch of parts. Planning to keep her N/A but get stronger rods incase I decide to a run a mild supercharge setup in the future. So far currently on my shelf I've got Drag Cartel 3.2 cams, Carillo PRO-SA beam rods, real thick I-beam rods, tough looking. For fuel I realised with those cams I'll need to run bigger injectors, I managed to get a set of RDX injectors, brand new unused for cheap and also an RSP manifold. I'm sticking with the RSP because it seems to be a much bigger flowing version of the RBB our cars come stock with and while the RRC and RBC, seem to flow well at higher revs I'm looking for a car with more midrange and responsiveness, not really after all out power numbers on a dyno, but I may port the RSP out to either match a J35 or J37 someone could probably chime in which one I should go with, I'm leaning towards the J37, even if I'll be pushing the limits of the manifold getting it machined that much. I want this car to be my daily but still be good for the occasional weekend track day. I'm planning to hopefully get some Supertech springs and retainers to run the cams and also the Supertech 11.5 pistons. Sticking with them since I want a reliable daily, so the low expansion piston will hopefully keep cylinder wear down. I obviously need to invest in a k20a2 oil pump, as well kick up the redline to 8000 maybe more, not really sure how far I should push out for reliability reasons. I'll also be changing the VTC tot ake advantage of running more valve advance than with the stock 25 degrees which I'm told is not enough when you begin really getting this motor to flow more air. For the exhaust really need to keep the noise level down, it sounds strange but I like the idea of keeping it semi-sleeper and not attracting too much attention to my car. I was planning on running a plm header with a modified 3 inch collector to run 3 inch piping all the way from header back, with a hi flow cat. After the split I'll narrow the piping to 2.5 inch to hopefully reduce noise, but not impact flow too much. I'm considering running multiple resonators, as many as I can fit, or as long as I can get them in. No glasspacks, I want it to last. I may run a twin loop muffler at the end of the split if I can't keep it tame. 3inch will flow well but obviously be noisy as hell, but I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of power on the top end if noise is kept down. There are many more ideas I'm planning but we'll see how I go after the new years. My main priority, is getting the exhaust and getting a 07-08 TSX ECU and flashpro so I can at least start running the reflash. I've heard it greatly improves the factory tune Honda gave us with the DBW lag and lower VTEC point.

legend-ary likes this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I think unless your shooting for 350BHP+ the 3" pipe will be too free flowing and you have won't have enough back pressure. Petrol engines need back pressure otherwise you're actually robbing yourself of horse power.

Check my setup in Project Log I'm running a Weapon R Header, Hi-Flow Cat, 2.5" catback pipe to the split then 2" pipes going to the rear. It's not overally loud and it should also be good for handling around 300BHP.

My TSX ECU and FlashPro install

@DeviateDefiant has done an awesome guide on installing the TSX ECU and running FlashPro
    - - - Updated - - -
    Yeah I'm of the same thinking.

legend-ary likes this.
  6. bravedrop6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Australia Julio Brisbane
    Hmmmm that's good to know. I guess that's true. I'm shooting for more the area under the curve than a big number at the end of a graph. Good to know.
    Cheers dude yeah I need to look into that. Rewiring the canbus looks a little tricky that'll be handy.
    Yeah I don't know here in Australia there's this Commodore Falcon culture. I like the idea of me being faster without them thinking twice when they see my car.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Mines only mildly modded but it's taken a fair few "should be faster on paper" cars by surprise and come out on top.

These K series engines have so much potential.

8. bravedrop6 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Australia Julio Brisbane
    Yeah I remember when I first drove it. No idea what a Honda was let alone VTEC. Then I hear my car does something at 6k RPM to make it go faster. I always was the type of driver to look at at a tachometer and think higher means it'll eventually break. But these engines are truly an engineering marvel. Going from the b series to this was brilliant. Not saying they're better but they stepped in a different direction which allowed us to explore hidden potential.