Suspension, Steering and Brakes Alignment Check query

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by ann_kelvin, Friday 28th Jun, 2013.

1. ann_kelvin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have recently got my car alignment checked using hunter equipment and adjusted after swapping out the OEM suspension with Aspec suspension. See the attached for the before and after readings. Obviously everything are fine apart from the rear camber due to non-adjustable. All the bushes have been checked as well.

Should I worry about it and invest a set of rear camber adjustable arm? My first impression is that with aspec suspension kit i can get away from rear camber adjustable arm to avoid another point of failure.

Before. After.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    On first impression the rear camber is negative but not a massive variation between the two so you won't see a lot of quick tyre wear.

However yours is a saloon and you can get top adjustable arms as well as the lower arms for perfect set up .I would get the one of these adjusters on.

ann_kelvin likes this.
  3. ann_kelvin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the advise. I guess another investment on the adjusters on the way then. These things never stop :Whistle:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nope they don't once you start you go deep in.:Hooray: you will have a superb handling machine on a twisty stretch of road, but don't roll it too much the pendulum motion starts then :Wink: even with Aspec.

Only on the Teins at a low ride height setting you can get the kokart feel and stiffness.

5. ann_kelvin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That is so true!

The ride with these Aspec suspension is great and without compromising the comfort too much. Tt is quite a significant difference in the stiffness compare to the standard that is for sure. Also the main thing is the wife will not notice much of the difference :OTT:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Spot on it about a compromise and where you won't to sit on the fence of performance. Aspec set up is wife friendly where the teins are superb but not spine or wife friendly with the potholes in our roads you will be constant aligning the car to go well.