Tyres & Wheels All Season tyres for CR-V

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by chunkymonkey, Tuesday 6th Oct, 2015.

1. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gary Lincs
    Hi folks as the title reads I decided to get some 18s and sell my 19s when I get tyres for the 18s thinking of some all season tyres 225x60x18 for my CR-V any recommendations?

2. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not quite 'all season', but near enough IMO.... Good Year Efficient Grip SUV/4x4

3. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Took a look at them, anyone with any experince of the Goodyears?

4. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes Me!....had 4 on about 6 months ago, absolutely fine and don't scream going round corners! Not noisy, not overly expensive.....no negatives so far

5. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sound ok they do seem to get good reviews, also looked at summer tyres and Nokian Line SUV are regarded quite highly but I fancy something a little more multi season so the Goodyears couldf it the bill

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@chunkymonkey it was a few years ago now, but my VW Tiguan 4WD had Goodyear 'multi-season' tyres fitted, and they were excellent.

In the very cold Winter of (I think 2009 or 2010) they got me around without any bother, including an uphill off-road section with packed ICE...and it didn't even spin a wheel.

They were better - IMHO - than the Vredestein Wintracs I had on my Accord, although trying to work out how much was down to the tyres and how much to 4WD is pretty much impossible!!

steve4536 likes this.
  7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@chunkymonkey - I see that Auto Express say that their favourite 'all season' tyre is the Vredesten Quartrac 5.

However, they do note that,

"All-season tyres remain an option, but the gap to the Summer tyre in the dry is a concern - it took over seven metres longer to stop."

8. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The choice in 18 inch size is not that great but after careful thought I decided to go with Goodyear Effecient grip SUV, I know they are not all season but they do have M&S so they shold be slighty better than a summer tyre usually is

9. Kash Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Kash Nelson
    Hi,

I'm due my front two anytime soon. Currently have Michelin latitude sports, which seem brilliant dry and wet. Has anybody tried the latitude sport 3? I'm torn between them and being more sensible and going for a more all weather type tyre. Any feedback on the Goodyears?

10. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Goodyears Grandtrek were designed for the CR-V but the consensus is they are noisy and not the greatest grip in the world, they are not all season the choice in 18 inch size is limited for all season if you want quality tyres there are cheaper options though but i always fit premium tyres. Not sure what the choice is like for 17 inch though. 19 inch has more options though but can get expensive that's why i took my 19s off and they are now sitting in my garage waiting to be cleaned up before they go up for sale

11. Kash Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Kash Nelson
    I have 18" and have noticed there isn't much choice. Do tyres have to be suv only or can you buy car tyres of the same size?

12. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would get SUV you may invalidate your insurance by not fitting them, only my opinion though

13. rikernumber1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phillip Whitstable, Kent
    I put Goodyear Efficient Grip SUV tyres on the front about 8,000 miles ago. They replaced a pair of Falkens. Most of my driving is motorway, and I can't tell the difference - was hoping for less noise, but I can't say they are quieter. I've still got Falkens on the rear because they were new when I took delivery of the car (and are still going strong after 34K miles).

steve4536 likes this.
  14. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Had the goodyears fitted today too early to say what i think of them, i would agree about the noise level though from how far i have driven the car so far.

15. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good to hear of another Falken user. I had a new set fitted last December and they're wearing very well. As for noise level, just turn the radio up a notch. :Smile: