Detailing Alloy wheel paint.

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by FR-V, Monday 11th Mar, 2013.

1. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Can anyone give me a suitable shade of silver (not grey, I've got 50 :lol:) or paint code for the factory alloys on my 2006 car please.
    I have just added another little scuff by sliding gracefully down the camber and kissing the curb with my front wheel:Angry:. No salt on our side roads!

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think we've had this question before. can't remember the answer though .. try doing a search FR-V.

3. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Thanks - never thought of that!:Foolish:

Found a thread on Storm Alloys with some useful gen from CJ. Looks like the only colour listed is kaiser silver, no codes from Honda so scan and mix the only option.
    I asked on another thread on here and "rim wax" was suggested. What is that?

Pete.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    SWrimwax.

Alloy wheel sealant.

Poor boys wheel sealant seems to be a popular choice

wheel_sealant[1].

5. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

don't know the specific Honda alloy wheel silver, but BMW Titanium silver or that Wurth wheel silver seem to be fairly close.

Just gently rub it down with a bit of wet and dry paper then primer it and add the silver when dry.

All on Ebay

wurth wheel silver | eBay

6. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Cheers, I will give them a try and report back.

7. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Bought a can of BMW Titanium Silver and tried it on a scuff in the time honoured way of squirting it into the lid and using an artists brush - I have to say its a pretty damn good match! :GoodJob:

Thanks richsprint :Thumbup:

8. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

If its a deep scuff, when the weather improves, mask off with masking tape, get a small tube of isopon body filler, just smear a little over the scuff, allow to dry, then sand with wet and dry paper until smooth, then prime and top coat.

Makes a very passable budget repair.